Reviews (3 938)
3 939 results
2 963
2 963
All reviews south kensington tube station drawing room deluxe studio apero restaurant great location complimentary soft drinks heated floors the natural history museum victoria and albert museum beautiful hotel afternoon tea mini bar perfect stay piccadilly line comfortable bed tube stop rooms are small
334 - 339 of 3 939 reviews
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Small but brilliant hotel! I was nervous as first time travelling to London on my own for a 5 night stay, from the minute I walked in to the hotel I felt relaxed & safe. The staff on reception were helpful & welcoming, I received a complimentary upgrade which I was extremely grateful for due to length of my stay. I was shown to my room and was told about the free minibar, WiFi and services on offer. The room had everything that you could need including lovely toiletries. Breakfast was good and always served by professional smiling staff. Thank you to all the staff that made my stay enjoyable, they are a real credit to the hotel! Only slight disappointment was that my sheets were not changed once through out my stay but only a small matter when the rest of the hotel was perfect, thank you!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephanie A
Tracey H, Manager at The Ampersand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I have shared all of your compliments with the team who are delighted to have made your stay so pleasant.
I have also shared your comments with the housekeeping team as this is not our usual standard when servicing a room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ampersand the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Just back from a 4 night stay with my daughter,we shared a twin room please be very aware these rooms are tiny, you will be struggling with the cases and room to manuuvere round them, lack of wardrobe hanging space for two as kettle etc is housed in the wardrobe.Nice warm bathroom wilth all the extras you need. No atmosphere in the hotel we very seldom seen any other guests.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank woodmhs

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry you were disappointed by the size of the room, we try to ensure guests are aware of the room dimensions by the descriptions we provide. I am pleased your overall stay was an enjoyable experience and we have noted your comments for any future stays to ensure you have a much more comfortable stay in the future.
I hope to welcome you back in the future and hope you will contact me directly as I will be delighted to look after your reservation.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This lovely boutique hotel is well situated in South Kensington, close to the tube. It was charming, beautifully decorated and the staff were friendly and efficient, as you would expect given the price

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for wonderful review. I am delighted you had an enjoyable experience and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We love this hotel. It is ideally situated for what we desire when visiting London. Rooms are beautiful, staff very helpful. Close to tube and handy for Heathrow Express. Will be back before long I hope.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great review. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

The hotel is beautiful, located just a few steps away from South Kensington Station. The staff are super friendly, eager to help and advise. The room was great and oh, so quiet! You could hear/feel the vibration from the tube but it didn't disturb at all. We will go there again. For sure.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Tracey H, Manager at The Ampersand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us and you will return.
We look forward to welcoming you back.