The Lilac Door
US$256
US$233
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$163
US$274
US$226
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Days Hotel London- Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$94
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bdulwich villagehome away from hometrain stationtea and biscuitsfresh fruitdulwich picture gallerylondon victoria stationattic roombed and breakfastexcellent hospitalitytop floormy husband and i have justcomfortable accommodationthought of everythingfellow guestsvisit london
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We stayed for two nights at the beginning on August, having stayed at the Lilac Door for the first time last year we had no hesitation in booking again. Another excellent experience, all very clean and kept to a high standard.
Nice little touches like bottles of spring water, guest slippers, and a proper tea tray with biscuits show just how things can be done - we use the Lilac Door as our bench mark for elsewhere, which usually leads to disappointment!
I have saved the best 'til last - the breakfast! Excellent range to suit all tastes - can't describe it all, just try it for yourself!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Lilac Door for 5 nights in August, 2017. It was truly a wonderful, relaxing experience. Jane will go out of her way for you--you will truly be spoiled while you are here. From tea and biscuits in your room, the VERY comfortable beds, and a fantastic hot breakfast, it is like a home away from home. We were even delayed flying in from Spain and arrived very late at night, but Jane was super accommodating. We took the quick train into Victoria every day, but Dulwich village is an even better choice for dinner at night. We ended up coming back for dinner every night. The village is so quaint and with plenty of good food. The Rosendale Pub and Rocco's Italian are a must!

We will definitely return if we come back to London and are already encouraging our families and friends! Thanks, Jane!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this lovely B&B. We were welcomed with a hot cup of tea and the rooms were perfect. Just a truly delightful experience. You can tell that Jane loves welcoming guests to her beautiful B&B. The breakfasts were scrumptious. I can't wait until I return. A very quick train ride into the center of London. It's easy to recommend a stay at the Lilac Door.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017

My husband and I spent one night at The Lilac Door whilst visiting family in Dulwich. The property is really beautiful. Loved the lilac theme! We were delighted with our room - wonderfully furnished, spotless, comfortable and peaceful. There has been great thought put into some special touches - chocolates, a great selection of herbal teabags and tasty biscuits. Our accommodation was not en suite (we did have a sink in our room) but the excellent bath and rain shower were but a few steps away from our room. We were very happy with the arrangement. We didn't have breakfast - we chose to decline as we were joining family the next day but the breakfast room looked lovely! Thank you so much to Jane and Keith - our hosts - so friendly, welcoming and helpful. Excellent stay in every way! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I stayed at this B&B for 2 nights (July 2017) while my husband was an inpatient at King’s College Hospital (2½ miles away).

From the moment I arrived, I was greeted with the warmest of welcomes from the delightful, friendly and helpful host, Jane.

The attic room I was allocated – including private en suite bathroom – had dual aspect (front and back) and was very spacious, clean, bright and welcoming. The bedroom had a very comfortable bed, seating area, tea/coffee/milk/kettle, biscuits and bottled water. A gown and slippers were also provided and, importantly since London was in the middle of a heatwave, a cooling tower (fan). The en suite was clean, modern and spacious with plenty of towels and all amenities provided that one could think of. The attention to detail is remarkable.

The breakfast was also a treat, with a wide variety of cooked food (or a continental breakfast) with fresh fruit, all lovingly presented.

This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in; absolutely worthy of 5 stars (or more!). Not only do I recommend it to others but, as the need arises, I will have no hesitation in booking to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo