“Thank you”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Naas, Ireland
“Mixed Experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

I booked this apartment for my mother, aunt and I for a week in June. Given the fantastic reviews that it received here, we were willing to pay the large sum of money involved to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I must say that I have mixed feelings towards the property.
I would have given this property a rating of very good, had it not been let down by the lack of cleaning. The apartment was generally grubby throughout. The cutlery and delph were visibly unclean, with food remaining on them. There was unnecessary leftover food dotted among the cupboards, including for example half eaten boxes of cereal. We spent some time cleaning the apartment ourselves before we felt comfortable. We also had to purchase basic items such as washing up liquid. The interior of the apartment could really benefit from a deep clean and perhaps some touching up. For example, the sofa is extremely tired and worn with a strategically placed blanket failing to hide this fact.

On arrival, the person greeting us was unfortunately not very familiar with the property. For example, he did not think that the sofa was a sofa bed and advised that we should just sleep on it as it is. We later discovered that it does indeed fold out to a bed, however we had not been provided with any bedding even though we had informed the agent that we would be using it. I requested the bedding from the agent and we had bed linen dropped into the flat the following day. Still no duvet or pillows however and we ended up having to share beds for our stay which we had not wished to do. (We did get directed to a duvet in the wardrobe, but of questionable cleanliness so we decided against using it).

We had some other minor issues during our stay, for example the wifi was not working and some keys provided did not work. When these issues arose, we had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the property. She was extremely pleasant and helpful, allowing us to leave a bag with her on the day of check out.

The area itself is lovely - a quiet residential area within easy walking distance to the bus and tube services. However, I must argue that it is not in Notting Hill as its title would suggest! It is a 20 minute walk to Notting Hill. Finally, it did take a week and a reminder for the agent to release the security deposit following our stay, even though there was no issue with the property when leaving.

Overall it is a comfortable property, when it is clean, in a nice location. But it is not the luxurious apartment in Notting Hill that is portrayed and, as such, is not worth the close to £300 a night price tag.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, despite it not being in Notting Hill as advertised.
Liked least: The lack of cleaning prior to our arrival.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Thank you”
Reviewed 31 May 2012 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

I stayed in the flat for 6 weeks in December/ January. My sister and a friend met me for Christmas and new year and we had a wonderful time!! The owner gave me tips on getting into covent garden and oxford street. I spent a lot of time in the area and there are good shops in noting hill. We left the owner some champagne and hope she enjoyed it.

Value Rooms
Location
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect flat for a family”
Reviewed 30 May 2012 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

We were a group of 3 adults and 3 children. The owner was so helpful and in the neighbourhood for questions. We arrived quite early and the owner had other guests leaving. She let us leave out cases in the flat and gave us directions for nearby cafes. We met her a couple of times that week and she even bought treats for my little girls. It is a perfect flat to stay in London for a family. We walked around in Notting Hill and it was easy to get to Covent Garden. We love London in spite of the weather and will be back.

Location Check-in / front desk
Germany
Reviewed 30 May 2012 for a stay in October 2011

Value Rooms
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing