“Birthday Bash”

Wahaca Stratford
Ranked #2 083 of 25 591 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wahaca out East, bringing our award winning Mexican street food to Europe's largest marketplace, Westfield Stratford City. With outdoor seating and great views of the Olympic stadium, Wahaca Stratford offers both busy shoppers and sports fans a welcome refuge that is affordable, delicious and swift in service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked a table for a group of us to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Lively round table perfect for a group. Gave my friend a free tequila to mark her special day. Allowed us to bring a birthday cake. We all enjoyed our food - no leftovers! And gluten free menu for the 2 of our party who needed it. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. We had a great time.

Date of visit: November 2018
WahacaStratford, Manager at Wahaca Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ASavBethnalGreen,

thanks for your kind review.
We are very glad to hear that you and your guests had a great time and that we ensured your friend had a little special treat for her birthday!

Hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2018

We went to Wahaca last night. The food was great(two of us are vegetarian) and the service super. The staff could not be more friendly or helpful. It made the evening a truly pleasurable experience and I would definitely go back.

Date of visit: November 2018
WahacaStratford, Manager at Wahaca Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sightsee48403165168,

thanks a lot for your kind review and we are very pleased that your enjoyed your dinner with us and that we provide a good service and good quality food.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Really tasty evening meal with my 13 year old. All the food was excellent. Nachos to start, followed by a number if small plates that were great. Finished off with excellent churros. The only reason for a docked star is although the service was friendly it was all a bit chaotic.

Dear jamestK8324LT,

we are very pleased that our food made a great impression and that everything was delicious.

Unfortunately we can't do much about the chaotic situation because when we are busy, the place becomes crazy but always fun and vibrant.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

Odd food delivery experience. As you enter, the bartender is very welcoming to you (this was my second visit, first time was with colleagues from work and the bartender is consistent in his greeting). The waiter is attentive and quick to serve. Drink was good (chilli cola). Food was nice; but why they deliver starters (I had nachos for starters) and mains at the same time - which means it’s cool by the time you eat, is beyond me.

Dear Exocet04,

we are glad you enjoyed your experience and that our staff is attentive and friendly when greeting.

Our food is freshly made and it comes out as soon as it's ready, so what may have happened is that, because the tickets in the kitchen comes separately, the remaining of your food was the ticket straight after your nachos and so, the time between a dish and another was minimum.

We will definitely work on that in order to improve ourselves and let you enjoy your food and your nachos next time you come and visit us.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I visit this restaurant fairly often but usual during the week when I cannot complain. This Saturday was a whole new experience. I was greeted by the barman telling me I couldn't have drinks at the bar, I had to eat. Little did he know or ask, but I had actually booked a table. The service was slow and we kept getting food and drinks that we didn't order. One of which did end up on our bill too. Our waiter was pleasent enough but the Saturday experience was not what I hoped for, especially to bring friends who had never eaten here before. Stick to week day visits for prompt, attentive service, hot food and generally a better meal.

Date of visit: October 2018
WahacaStratford, Manager at Wahaca Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Hi KellyT79,

we are sorry to hear that your experience on Saturday hasn't been as pleasant as usual.
We always try to thrive and amaze our customers with both our services and food and I'm very disappointed that we have ruined yours and your guests experience on that weekend.

Regarding the drinks at the bar, our alcohol licence doesn't allow us to serve alcohol without food. Other Wahacas can because they have a separate bar and so a difference licence from ours.

We would love for you to come back in order for us to prove you that we are able to provide the usual amazing service that you witnessed during your weekly visits.