“Pleasantly surprised”

and 1 more site!
The Angerstein Hotel
Ranked #107 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here when attending a concert at the O2. I wanted somewhere close but not expensive. I must admit I was a bit wary as it's a 2* and I did not have high expectations but providing it was clean and comfortable then I would be happy. On arrival the lady who met us was really friendly and helpful. The check in was quick and easy. Our room was much better than I expected. There was plenty of room, and it was very clean and fresh looking. The en-suite shower room was small but it had what you needed and the water was nice and hot. There were tea and coffee facilities in the room plus several of the caramelised biscuits individually wrapped. We paid £100 for the room and I think it was very good value for the rating of the hotel. I have just paid £350 for a room in a 4* this weekend which was very nice however as with everything it comes at a cost so you need to be realistic with your expectations. I would certainly stay here again. The other bonus is the parking at the train station just round the corner is only £5.40 per day.

1  Thank Michelle W

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on my own to see at gig at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium.
Very clean nicely decorated rooms. Cheap and cheerful. The Landlady was lovely and helpful.
Perfect for a nice place to sleep
However you do need to get a bus to the tube. There is a local station but bus is easier

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed on Sat 10th June as was attending a take that concert at the 02.
When we 1st arrived we were treated with a warm welcome and very friendly staff.
When we arrived back in the evening after the concert we relaxed in the bar have a few drinks and some lovely conversations with other staff and locals.
The rooms are very well priced for what your getting and which are very and presentable.
Am very impressed with our stay and if we go to another concert or know of people who are attending the 02 will certainly recommend.
Thank you very much.

1  Thank 2brothers2
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

2nd stay at The Angerstein, warm & friendly welcome from staff and customers in the pub again. Ideally located for the o2, the hotel is great value. We stayed in the 4 single bedded room this time, perfect for a friend's road trip, comfy beds, lovely crisp linen, decent bedding. The pub garden/terrace is great for a couple of pre-show drinks, and afterwards too . The later-than-usual check-out time of 11am is an added little bonus, especially after those post-show drinks .

1  Thank Vik M
AngHotel, Owner at The Angerstein Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Hi Victoria,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are glad you had such a pleasant stay and are also thrilled to hear you are a repeat costumer. We hope to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Angerstein Hotel

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel overnight on the 21st may. I travelled with my 12 year old son who was going to watch a football match at Charlton Athletic FC. We arrived early for checkin, although the room was not ready Shelly "the owner" was really nice and welcoming to us. She sat us in the pub and she made me a pot of tea (which i desperately needed) and she got my son some lemonade from the bar while we waited. We were allowed to go in our room as soon as it was clean even though we were early for checkin. The rooms are clean, beds comfy, pillows comfy and there was extra duvets in the cupboard. The rooms have well stocked tea making facilities. Even though the hotel doesnt offer meal service theres plenty of restaurants and shops around. Train stations are easily accessible. We walked to North Greenwich which is 25mins away as we fancied just sight seeing. All in all, this hotel is a lovely budget hotel with easy access to london and the O2, it has nice clean facilities and friendly staff. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family