“Great food. Impressive service.”

Muriel's Kitchen - South Kensington
Ranked #1 779 of 24 648 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: British, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Muriel’s Kitchen is a lively London bistro brim-full of British charm serving fresh, seasonal produce seven days a week, from morning till night in the heart of South Kensington. We serve every meal of the day, and everything in between, from 8am till 111 pm (9 till 10 on Sunday), in our unique contemporary kitchen-inspired interior. Brekkies and catch-up brunches, family lunches, romantic dinners and our famous afternoon tea; We do healthy, we do hearty, we do cocktails, we do cakes. Stop in for a cuppa and a natter. A catch up or a first date. If it’s raining, why not stay longer? Have a coffee, try a milkshake. Past three? Afternoon tea! Laden with glossy cakes and dainty sandwiches, served with a pot of the good stuff, what could be more British?
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the food, atmosphere and location but most impressed with the staff. Attentive, professional and friendly. The waiter missed my coffee (my error as we changed our drink order a couple of times). Immediate apology, service and the coffee offered foc. Polite and genuine, we were really impressed with this place.
Great food (amazing lasagne), complimentary water and lovely China and furniture.
We'll definitely be back soon.

1  Thank 1K
Write a ReviewReviews (1 399)

11 - 15 of 1 400 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Right near the tube stop at south Kensington. Very good choices for breakfast. The avocado toast is very nice. The omlette is good as well. Nice service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two fried eggs, two sausages, bacon, tomato, beans and mushroom plus a pot of tea £14.50 ish. Loved it

1  Thank lordburnside
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location of this cafe is perfect. I like to sit in front of the windows. But this time it was so crowded and the staff was not kind. We had breakfast, ıt was not good. We felt uncomfortable because of service team. They were waiting us to leave immediately. You should try once. I have visited this place more than 5 times till now. But this was the quickest and the worst one.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled upon Muriel’s when I first visited London 5 years ago. Had to go back on my second visit to London and it’s even better than I remembered. Fresh and delicious. I had the banana ricotta pancakes that were fantastic although the portion could have been a little larger. Service was excellent, waiter had no problem with an American ordering an iced latte which was great.