Cable Street Inn
US$255
US$207
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$386
US$286
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$325/night.

US$437
US$867
US$636
Langham Official
  • Pool
All reviewsshadwell stationroof terraceroll top batheast londonbeautifully appointed roomstower gatewayfour poster bedcomfortable bedminute walkthree roomssitting roombreakfast roomboiled eggsgreat place to stayevery morningnice breakfastroom number
Reviewed 8 September 2017

It's a couple of years since I was lucky enough to discover Cable Street Inn for the first time. Now I've stayed in two of the three rooms and am delighted that the place is (of course) as lovely as I remember. Fantastic neighbourhood location, 5 mins from DLR, which is ten mins from very centre of the city. The Inn is full of character, stripped floors, fab artwork etc and the rooms - bedrooms, bathrooms, sitting room -
are all huge and really well appointed. Huge beds, big baths. The terrace is lovely too. In my view this is a no-brainer, massively superior and much cooler alternative to a hotel or airbnb apartment if staying in London. And Julian is lovely - really accommodating, friendly but unobtrusive. Stay if you can.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We were extremely disappointed! It was the most expensive B&B we have stayed in when in London, and we booked it to treat ourselves. We found it dusty, dirty and dilapidated. The carpet looked as if it hadn't been vacuumed in ages. The floors were unfinished (perhaps stripped of old finish and not redone?), with nails sticking up...bare feet would be a no-no! The entire place was dark and dingy. The bed was OK, as was the bathroom.

The bathroom, bedroom, and eating rooms were all quite spacious, which was nice.

The owner was nice, but we only saw him once during our 4-day stay. The cold breakfast with soft-boiled egg was fine, but it was identical all 4 days.

One thing we found odd was this: Given the incredibly high ratings and the time of year we were there (end of September/early October), we were quite surprised to be the the only ones in the place for our entire stay, save for one night, when there was another couple. How does this happen?

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Julian809, Owner at Cable Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay here but I have to respond to some of your completely inaccurate descriptions.
I don’t know where else you have stayed in London – maybe the outer suburbs but you would find it very difficult to find anywhere with such large, well appointed rooms and as close the centre that costs less.
You say ‘dusty, dirty and dilapidated’ – nice alliteration but I strongly refute this and can only conclude that because you posted your review almost a year after you stayed here, your memory has faded. Our rare and carefully chosen Persian rugs are vacuumed daily. The floors are 240 years old and have been carefully restored according to guidelines for historic buildings. If we should want to replace them (which we certainly do not) it is prohibited as this is a Listed historic building. I, like most of our guests enjoy the patina and romance of our floors and like to imagine all the people that have trodden them - very likely Charles Dickens and possibly Oscar Wilde.
To describe the place as ‘dark and dingy’ is bizarre. The room in which you stayed (Room #1) has huge French windows facing south and also windows facing east and west. It would be hard to find a room and bathroom which is more flooded with light.
Most people find the breakfast choices more than adequate and with only three rooms it would be very wasteful for us to offer a larger menu which would result in a lot of food being thrown away.
I appreciate the compliments (‘nice’) – thank you and I am sorry I was not around as much as you would have liked.
I guess there is no accounting for taste and maybe you can augment your appreciation of original art and antiques.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

If you love bathrooms and tastefully unique decor, one of the three charming rooms created on the upper floors of what was previously a neighbourhood pub is for you. Other highlights of this very personalized B&B are an attractive sitting/dining room (where the appetizing continental breakfast is served) and a roof terrace overlooking a park. I loved the neighbourhood--the famous Cable Street Mural next door was the first thing I noticed as I stepped out on the terrace. It illustrates the "Battle of Cable Street" where, on 4th October 1936, an estimated 300,000 Jews, Irish Dockers, Communists, Labour Party Members, Trade Unionists and residents of the East End came together to oppose the Blackshirts of the British Union of Fascists.

Cable Street now has a designated two lane pathway for bicyclists. Not being a cyclist myself, I didn't investigate details, but there are bicycles for rent just down the street from the Inn. The Shadwell stations for both the Overground and the DLR are across the street. For my last five nights in the UK, this was the perfect spot to explore London a bit more. I hope to return in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2017

But, in the compassionate spirit of the owner, I will let you in on this magic piece of accommodation. This was just a lovely, lovely place.

I stayed for a week and came back home a few days ago.

All the practical aspects like the cleanliness of the room, the breakfast, the quality of the bed and of the bathroom and shower were great or better, but what really did it for me was the atmosphere. I'm not sure quite how to say it, but hanging out in the communal area, working in my room or talking to the owner, everything was so... quietly relaxed and... aesthetically grounded. There was something special about it all.

Staff were informally forthcoming but respectful and comfortable DLR-trains ran frequently to the city centre.

My whole stay was deeply pleasant in every respect. Value for money and a no-brainer first choice next time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Carl H
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We recently were lucky enough to stay at Cable Street Inn on recommendations, which were perfectly correct in description and re Host. Friendly welcome was just what we needed on our first trip to London and a long train journey from Avignon..Great locations and helpful advice. Very Comfortable bed amongst lots of history. Nice breakfast and opportunity to make tea or coffee at our leisure. Would stay again, thanks Julian.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple