“Not just for animal lovers”

Animals in War Memorial
Ranked #209 of 1 839 things to do in London
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Strolling near Hyde Park I noticed a grouping of freestanding bronze animal sculptures. Out of curiosity, I crossed the street for closer look and was immediately moved by this well-done tribute to animals that have been killed in war during their service to mankind.

1  Thank DP49
in 9 reviews
"monument"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had been for a walk through Hyde Park to visit Speaker's Corner on a Sunday morning. After listening to some of the speakers for a short time, we moved on towards Park Lane to take a look at the relatively new Animals in War Memorial.
We found this memorial to be a very touching tribute to the thousands of animals which had been sacrificed in times of war. They could very well have been forgotten but this memorial will ensure that their sacrifices at the hands of humans will long be acknowledged and remembered.
Certainly worthy of a few minutes of your time to pay your respects and to remember!

1  Thank BigHugh51
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I've never seen anything quite like this, a memorial to animals that died in wars, and there have been so many. It's a great idea and animal rights activists will love it. Nice design. Sentimental.

1  Thank Thomas V
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I have always loved animals. I made it a point to find this monument on my 8 day trip to London in early September of 2017. Upon finally coming upon it, as it is quite hidden by overgrown trees, the tears came to my eyes and fell down my cheeks like a soft but steady rain, and found myself petting their figures and speaking to those poor souls their figures represented, now long gone from their toils of this earth. If you have a heart for animals, and for what the innocent creatures of war were forced to endure by humankind, it is a must see on your next trip to London! The moving words, "They had no choice," will tear your heart out.

1  Thank noladesiree