“Westminster Abbey”

David Drury, London Blue Badge Guide - Private Tours
Ranked #225 of 760 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: I am a Professional London Blue Badge Guide who offers tours all over London from The Tower of London to Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden to Camden Town and Buckingham Palace to Big Ben. I do ghost tours, Theatrical London, Film Locations, the Music Scene and Foodies London to name but a few. I am passionate about my city and want to show you all it has to offer.
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

We had a great tour of Westminster Abbey and the immediate surrounding area with David...we were two families with children ranging from 9-15 and he was informative, patient and kept his sense of humor all while sharing his seemingly exhaustive knowledge about the Abbey. He managed to keep the children engaged for almost two hours while also imparting information that was adult-friendly as well. Would definitely recommend him and we will absolutely use him again ourselves!!

1  Thank fourofusNewYork
"teacher"
"knowledge"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 6 September 2016

David is a superior guide for all things London. We arranged for him to take us through Westminster Abbey, and we learned many things the guidebooks just don't tell you. Later in the day, we went out to the site of the London Olympics, and he gave us thorough and interesting tour of the park. He also gave us some great tips on seeing other parts of London. David lives right in London and knows it very well. If you're going to London, make sure to call him to arrange a tour. There were just two of us, but he leads groups of all sizes.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

David was our guide For a Europe school trip that we attended with our kids. David did our bus tour for a few hours and we could tell he was very knowledgeable and his humor and personality kept the kids attentive. After our bus tour was over we asked David for a small private group tour, and it turned out to be the best choice we made. David guided us through Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London. We only had 4 hours of free time and David made the most of the time we had. Using David get you the Group raate discount and you bypass all the general public lines. Thae line skipping alone saved ua a couple of hours. teh information was great and just made our visit to London that much more memorable.

beverleydave, Owner at David Drury, London Blue Badge Guide - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Hi Mike
Thanks for the very kind review, hope you're enjoying the rest of your trip
Regards
Dave

Reviewed 31 March 2016

David is an excellent guide of London; he is clearly very knowledgeable. Although I have visited London before, I found myself learning new things on this tour. He worked so well with the group of students that I had with me, and he was very adaptable. Due to our holiday visit, David found himself finishing his usual tour with time to spare; he kept adding stops and information to our tour. My students found him funny and engaging, and II was happy to listen to his insight and information.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2016

David Drury has great knowledge about street art and is very enthusiastic and inspiring.. Every time we saw a painting David was able to add interesting information about the artist and show us other paintings by the same artist on his ipad, which really put things into perspective and gave us a good overview. Besides, David is very well-informed about the area around Brick Lane, where the walk took place. We got a lot of useful tips about good restaurants and cafes. I was on a study trip with a group of Danish sixth formers, and right after the walk a lot of of the pupils went to visit some of the places David had just pointed out. All in all, David really succeeded in coming across to the pupils.