“Knowledgeable and thoughtful”

David Drury, London Blue Badge Guide - Private Tours
Ranked #237 of 778 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: I am a Professional London Blue Badge Guide who offers tours all over London from The Tower of London to Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden to Camden Town and Buckingham Palace to Big Ben. I do ghost tours, Theatrical London, Film Locations, the Music Scene and Foodies London to name but a few. I am passionate about my city and want to show you all it has to offer.
Reviewed 31 March 2016

David is an excellent guide of London; he is clearly very knowledgeable. Although I have visited London before, I found myself learning new things on this tour. He worked so well with the group of students that I had with me, and he was very adaptable. Due to our holiday visit, David found himself finishing his usual tour with time to spare; he kept adding stops and information to our tour. My students found him funny and engaging, and II was happy to listen to his insight and information.

All reviews
"jokes"
in 3 reviews
"teacher"

Reviewed 28 March 2016

David Drury has great knowledge about street art and is very enthusiastic and inspiring.. Every time we saw a painting David was able to add interesting information about the artist and show us other paintings by the same artist on his ipad, which really put things into perspective and gave us a good overview. Besides, David is very well-informed about the area around Brick Lane, where the walk took place. We got a lot of useful tips about good restaurants and cafes. I was on a study trip with a group of Danish sixth formers, and right after the walk a lot of of the pupils went to visit some of the places David had just pointed out. All in all, David really succeeded in coming across to the pupils.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I had never been to London and we were going for a long weekend with a group of 5. We did not have a lot of time to see the city, so after corresponding with multiple tour guides via email I decided on David - he was communicative and helpful from day 1.

Our tour was great. David met us at our hotel (Waldorf Hilton) and we walked down to the river to start it, passing by multiple sights where David provided interesting commentary. He led the way through London on public transportation and on foot (which really helped us later in our trip as well). In the 4 hour tour we were able to see and experience a LOT of London, and aside from the major sights (Tower of London, Big Ben, Westminster, etc.), David was able to take us to a few really cool spots we would have never even known about including authentic pubs and places that were inspiration and in the Harry Potter movies.

I'd recommend his services in a heartbeat, it truly made our visit more meaningful and memorable!

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 24 October 2015

David took us on a great tour of the Olympic Park, giving just the right amount of detail. His pace and humour was perfect for our group and everyone enjoyed the tour, even those not particularly interested in sport (i.e. me!)

1  Thank PMG31