“Fabulous steak”

Constancia
Ranked #459 of 25 043 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Constancia is an independent, family-run Argentine grill and steak house, located in the heart of Bermondsey's former tannery and leather district. Established in 2009, we quickly gained a reputation for the excellent quality of our food, the friendly and attentive service, and the laid-back atmosphere. Our homemade empanadas are the most delicious you'll find in London. We cook prime Argentine beef in an authentic charcoal parrilla delivering the most delicious, tender, and mouthwatering steaks you'll try. We are passionate about food and work with the noblest ingredients (many sourced from Borough Market).
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Delicious starters - empanadas and black pudding. Good value wine, wide choice and good quality.
Amazing steak cooked South American style exactly as ordered.
Very friendly and helpful waiting staff.
Highly recommended.

4  Thank spoonymonki

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I love it here - friendly staff, great menu and in my opinion the best steaks in London. I live in West London but the journey to SE1 is always worth it.

3  Thank Deirdre M
Reviewed 4 August 2017

having visited argentina a lot i am always looking for the best argentinian flavours in london. constancia delivers! the steaks are flown in from argentina and are magnificent, beautifully cooked and the chimichurri is delicious. the chorizo is especially good. incredible flavour. i have been here several times and have tried various wines, all wonderful. great ambience and the argentinian staff are very friendly and helpful. i would recommend this place to anyone.

3  Thank ailsarobertson
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I booked a table for a special occasion this Saturday for 4 people for 7pm. I received my confirmation but nobody mentioned that we have to leave at 9pm. Anyway I was running late 20 minutes due to bad traffic in London. Before arriving there I received a phone call for my friend saying that manager called Fernando started to be really rude with them as they are not ordering food and they will have to leave at 9. Once I arrived there I've been treated really bad and my friend's wife started crying that she never felt so humiliated. You cannot talk with a pregnant lady like this ! This manager don't deserve his position and once we mentioned that we are leaving because of the way he treat us he offered us to not pay the bill for a water/juice ..Instead of apologizing and asking us to stay he dealt with us in a really bad way. I will make sure that everyone will find out what kind of people you have there and next step is to take law advice as well.

1  Thank Vonet C
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Hello guys,
Avoid this place if you can. I had the worst experience ever last Saturday.Had a reservation at 19.00 for 4 people.Arrived earlier with my wife who is pregnant in 5 months ,so we only ordered a still water and a beer as we wanted to wait for our friends to order the food. After half an hour, after looking for 10 minutes insistent to our table ,a guy who later said he's name is Fernando and he's the manager, came to our table and told us that if we don't order now food or if our friends are not coming, he will move us out of the table. He was so rude and we felt so humiliated with all the clients from the restaurant looking at us when he was saying that, that later my wife started to cry . As soon as our friends arrived we decided to leave straight away as our night out was ruined.
Please avoid this please as I don't want you guys have the same bad experience.

8  Thank PCIPCI