Reviews (5 109)
2 631
1 640
2 631
1 640
All reviews victoria station buckingham palace reunion bar wing room champagne bar gatwick express beautiful hotel the executive lounge afternoon tea an upgrade birthday treat london hotel big ben breakfast was included stayed here for one night single room hyde park
63 - 68 of 5 109 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location is excellent (actually, perfect for me). The hotel is beautiful. My room was clean and had nice, modern amenities. The AC worked well. Housekeeping was great and I enjoyed the cookies they left!I stayed for 7 nights and the staff in the lobby were not really warm or friendly. However, they did help me a few times with minor things.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TobyG354, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post on our beautiful hotel. I was pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our excellent location. Should you be looking for accommodation the next time you are in London, we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Grovenor Hotel Victoria

Lovely hotel, super convenient, luxury throughout but checkin was appalling.

Ignored and overlooked was merely the beginning of the experience. No apology for the delay, a check in clerk who could not use the reservation system, who incorrectly recorded my nationality and then asked me to sign the incorrect details, who never apologised for the error and then failed to inform me of the hotel resident facilities. This lack of care could be understood from a budget class hotel but not one of the promised standard of this establishment.

Apart from this poor start the remainder of my stay was very pleasant created by the hotel ambiance and other members of the hospitality team.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I was sorry to read that your first impression of our hotel was not as it should be. We have recently recruited several new team members to our Reception and clearly there is some more training that needs to be instigated as a matter of priority; thank you for letting us know. Otherwise, I was pleased that the rest of your stay was very pleasant and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No help with heavy bags arriving on the street. Room in 6th floor wing with broken elevator and again no help up the stairs with heavy bags. Then they put three charges for the room on our credit card, even complaining about the first two - with our phone to show them.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post and sharing your disappointing experience. Service is something we usually pride ourselves on and I regret that on this occasion you did not receive any assistance with your luggage. Our Front of House department, who usually provide exemplary service, let us down and I hope you will allow us the chance to redeem our reputation in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

went in asked for bar - sent to first floor which the receipt says is the Grosvenor Bar - but it only offered cocktails Champagne and a few bottled beers - bottle of Moretti at £5 plus a Drambuie at £8 then the check to add service at 12.5% which was none existence - wont use it again -

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I was disappointed to read about your experience in our Reunion bar. Our bar prices are in line with London hotels and service charge is automatically added and can be removed; I am sorry if this was not explained to you. If you do decide to try us again, please do let us know beforehand and our Restaurant & Bar Manager, Ricardo, will be delighted to personally look after you.
Kind regards Toby

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived from NZ at 07.30am in the morning and had asked for a room early. This was not available and we were told that the room would not be ready until 3pm we were exhausted but went for a walk. After a couple of hours we went back and got somebody who was much more helpful and managed to get a room at approx 11.30am. Not sure why we couldnt get one earlier as so many people were checking out when we arrived.Overall the location to the Palace and the train station was excellent, the hotel itself is looking very tired and not so clean. The nets in all the windows were not as clean as they should be considering the cost to stay, the table in our room was scratched and worn so badly.For breakfast we were served by friendly staff but when asked if we could have something we were told not possible. Asked again and it was brought straight away, so not sure if they didnt understand the first time. Staff in the bar area were helpful

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TobyG354, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. We welcome guests from all over the world and will always do our very best to get rooms ready for our early arrivals after such a long journey. Our Housekeeping team work tirelessly to accommodate our guests who arrive before the 3pm check-in time however, this is not always possible. We have an on-going schedule of works to upgrade our hotel along with a cleaning rota which includes our net curtains which are off-white in colour and regularly washed. We do appreciate your comments as we want to exceed our guest expectations.