“Pleasant atmosphere”

Ranked #2 712 of 25 273 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$16
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, British, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square which comprises two restaurants, four private dining rooms, Oyster Bar & Grill and a huge Heated Terrace, the world’s greatest Whisky Bar, and the best live music in the capital. Our British restaurants are dedicated to the finer things in life: delicious food, fine wine, whisky and cigars, set to the soundtrack of the best live blues, soul and jazz music in London! "London's number one jazz venue" Tatler "A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard "The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
Reviewed 2 April 2018

It was quite difficult to get to venue due to train closures but we we're looking forward to Sunday Lunch and Jazz. Warm welcome,great table for two. Waiter was lovely but the food was not good. Masses of beef but not of good quality and everything else was rather amateur. Jazz hardly featured. In hindsight I wouldn't have made the effort .

3  Thank Lola363

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Boisdale for the second time last night to see Legend, the Bob Marley tribute band. The band were faultless, the food was great and the service improved since my last visit. Best gin n tonic ever! Atmosphere fabulous with the whole place on their feet dancing, wonderful night, will return soon.
Honor W.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We went to Boisdale with another couple for dinner on a week night, and this place was buzzing! The restaurant itself is charming - cosy, subtly lit, and well furnished. We had delicious scallop and prawn starters, followed by on the bone steaks, all recommended by our wonderfully attentive waiter, Trevor.
One of the attractions of the restaurant was the live music which started during dinner. We enjoyed the music very much, but our only criticism would be that it was a fraction too loud.
I would very much recommend this restaurant to those that enjoy live music and lovely in lively surroundings. If you're a whisky lover, I would imagine it's a must as it has the biggest whisky bar I've ever seen - around 300 bottles we were told! All in all a very positive experience, and we wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I recently went here for dinner, booking a deal from another website. The venue is very elegant and beautiful and we got offered a great table near the stage where the band would play later on.
We waited quite a bit before ordering and did not receive the glass of bubbly that was part of the offer we booked. It was later rectified and arranged for the desert, so no big deal. But later on, the service was just very long between each dish and we had to remind the waiter of the glass of bubbly.
The show was great, the food was good but we had to wait again a long time to get our bill. When we paid, the waiter did not even thank us or said goodbye. So it did not feel as special as we would have liked, such a pity!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Took clients out for lunch, there were 7 of us and we were located slightly away from all the other diners (upon request) however we didn’t received ANY service. We had to ask for drinks, then to order food and then finally the bill (I don’t think I’ve ever had such poor service - as it’s not as if these people haven’t been trained)

We all went for a famous burger.
Half the burgers appeared to be fine, but some of them were over cook (nuked) and the buns were burnt) again no-one bothered to ask how our food was until collecting the plates ... and even upon providing feedback, no attempt to rectify the problem.

However I enjoyed my diverted g&t but the rest of the experience / meal was poor. Left disappointed and will not go back or recommend to anyone I like.

Unfortunately too many places in London providing poor service / food and very high prices, of which this place appears to be one of them.