All reviewsroyal opera housecovent gardenno liftdrury lanesplit levelgreat locationsmall hotelsingle roomnarrow stairslovely little hotela ground floor roomtheatre landbottled waterleicester squarewest endlady on receptionjust round the corner
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Located next to Covent Garden in a quiet street, this hotel was perfect for an overnight stay. Booked two rooms, was upgraded to an apartment as there was an issue with one of the rooms. Apartment was spacious with large lounge/kitchen area, including dining table and two sofas; bathroom, king bedroom. Lots of light. Very clean. Free water, tea, coffee etc and good toiletries. Other room (for grandaughter) pleasant double, steps down to bathroom therefore quirky. Reception very helpful in recommending eateries etc. Good restaurants very close Ballerina, Italian - recommended). No breakfast at hotel but lots of nice place on Drury Lane, round corner from hotel.
Would definately stay here again. Central to theatreland and the buzz of Seven Dials.

Room Tip: ground floor perhaps
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ClareandChris
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Really enjoyable stay for a reasonable price for London, Excellent location to visit in and around Covent Garden, the accommodation is clean and very well looked after. The complementary water and the tea and coffee making facilities in the room were much appreciated and all the Hotel staff are friendly and obliging.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Really great stay at a reasonable price for London, convenient for a number of places to visit in and around Covent Garden, accommodation is clean and well looked after.
Nice touch is the Hotel provides slippers. tea and coffee making facilities in the room and all the Hotel staff are friendly and obliging.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I have waited a week before writing this review after a promise of a phone call to discuss my issues from the management which sadly never came.

I had booked this hotel as a birthday gift to my daughter with a trip to the theatre. I did my research and looked at the pictures of all the rooms and read some reviews. The promise of a 'boutique' type experience seemed worth the £192 price tag. Sadly this was most certainly NOT what we experienced.
We arrived and were given a twin room as expected. Just getting there was an experience in itself,with old worn carpets on the stairs and tatty décor.
The room itself was, dark, (hardly surprising as it faced a brick wall) small and stuffy.
The curtains were hanging off the wall, there were stains on the ceiling and when I tried to open the window, I got a splinter from the bad rotting paintwork.
My daughter then tried to open a cupboard and the handle fell off.

I thought maybe this was just the state of play in this hotel until we tried to leave when I saw some of the other rooms being cleaned. Another twin room was light and bright with much larger proportions to the room and a bathroom on a lower level. So all the rooms were not the same, but the price charged most certainly was.
How is this fair? If you had been sold a lower grade of room at a less expensive price you would expect an inferior room. But NO we paid the full price and the room was dreadful. Certainly in comparison.

Despite the location being very convenient I would never visit again and I would urge other travellers to research other hotels before putting themselves through a similar experience. You just have to play pot luck with what kind of room you might be given. We drew the short straw!
I think I am being fair with this review. I am well travelled, having been in the travel industry in one way or another for the best part of 30 years. The fact that they couldn't even be bothered to call as they had promised is just another indication of disappointingly bad customer service.

London is a big place and there are many nicer hotels. Don't waste your time with this one.

Room Tip: Don't book unless you know what room you are going to be in and have advance confirmation
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah O
Vladimiros K, General Manager at The Fielding Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your stay. It is surprising to discover you were so unhappy during your time at the Fielding Hotel—we were not made aware of this during your stay. Unfortunately, we must disagree with several of the comments you made in your review.
As we inform all guests on checking in, reception is open 24 hours a day, and any issues or questions however big or small can be communicated directly our staff so that we can respond quickly and resolve them.
Regarding your dissatisfaction with the room you were assigned: I’m sure someone with 30 years’ experience in the travel industry such as yourself can appreciate that guests with specific preferences concerning which kind of rooms they prefer may always contact the hotel in advance and make any requests prior to their arrival. Our track record in this regard shows that we work extremely hard to satisfy guest wishes and requests, both prior to check in and during their stay. As such it seems expedient to suggest that, had you made any allusions as to your preferences before arriving, we would have strived to satisfy them. We were fully booked during your stay with us, making any requests for room changes more difficult, but by no means impossible. Yet we were for the most part unaware of your dissatisfaction with the room because you declined to let us know.
When we are made aware of guests’ personal preferences we endeavour to accommodate them but cannot do so if we are not informed of them in advance.
I would suggest that your categorization of our rooms into “lower” and (presumably) “upper” tier of room types is inaccurate and unfair in that you are conflating objective reality with subjective preference. Each room in our hotel is unique and so we can accommodate a wide range of tastes regarding room types. It is highly misleading to suggest that the flat rate we apply to all our room types i.e. Singles, Doubles/Twins, Queens and so equates to an unfair pricing system. On the contrary, staggering our prices for rooms of the same type would only discriminate against certain guests with limited budgets.
Please inform us which member of our staff promised to call you regarding your stay. As far as we are aware, no-one employed with us made any such guarantee.

Kindest Regards,
Vladimiros
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We were in London for a show and needed somewhere central. This hotel is perfect for what it is-a no frills, comfy bed, great showers, hotel, right in Covent Garden! The staff were so friendly and pointed us in the direction of a fry up the morning after!
Will definitely visit again