All reviewsrooftop bargreat hotelking roomattractive hotelmolton brown toiletriesnational gallerycentral locationnespresso machinepiccadilly circusbuckingham palacemini barlarge showerleicester squarerooms are greatperfect staycharing crossconcierge desk
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Cannot speak highly enough of the stay we had here!..right from the start the staff were friendly and helpful, Mike, the concierge, what brilliant, helped with everything without being overbearing, even arranged for a small birthday cake to be bought to our room for my girlfriend, really a pleasant surprise!
As for the room?..what else can I say?..absolutely spotless, everything was perfectly clean.
The rooftop bar is well worth visiting, all the staff here were amazingly attentive to our every need, highly recommended, and would come back anytime..thank you for an amazing stay.

Stayed: January 2018
TheTrafalgarStJames, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar St. James London, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Stu A,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your most recent experience with us.

I am thrilled to see that Mike has once again proved why he is an invaluable member of our team and that the room and Rooftop were perfect in your eyes.

Should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

My wife had always wanted to see Les Miserables at the theatre and as it has not come to our local theatres decided to take her to London to see it.As my daughter had stayed here previously she recommended this hotel and as part of our xmas present payed the cost of the accommodation.The hotel is next to Trafalgar square and could not fault anything about it the roof top terrace bar has great views over the city both during the day and night,and the beds in the rooms are the most comfortable we have ever slept in.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the views
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear RegHenning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent trip to London.

We are delighted to see that everything within the hotel was without a fault and that the recommendation lived up to its expectation.

Should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We chose this hotel for its central location which allowed us to reach many of London's main sites with just a short walk. Our room was clean and modern with a view of Trafalgar square. We were on the first floor (2nd floor in U.S) and heard almost no traffic at night, thanks to good sound proofed windows. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was an extensive continental breakfast (breads, pastries, cheeses, meats, fruits, cereal, granolas, juices) and also a hot menu. We were a family with two teenagers there for sightseeing and the overall feel of the hotel seemed just right for us...not too formal or stodgy, not too business, not too hip. My one area for improvement would be that the room always seemed a bit stuffy when first walking back in at the end of the day, though after a few minutes I didn't notice. It would be nice if the windows could at least be opened partially to allow some fresh air in. In sum, a very nice hotel that I would return too.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear beebs98,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your most recent time in residence with us.

We are delighted to see that the location of the Hotel was of convenience to you and that our rooms were clean and modern. Furthermore, we are thrilled to see that our staff have once again gone above and beyond to prove why they are our best asset. I have passed on your improvement suggestions to our Director of Front of House who will be taking a look into some new processes to avoid this happening again.

Should you be returning, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Very impressed with the attentive service and professionalism of the staff. Great location, attractive and comfortable room, and tasty meals in an elegant setting. It was a wonderful stay and I'm looking forward to returning. Couldn't recommend highly enough. Kudos to Front of House Manager Miklos Jocskov for a first-class operation.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Thomas M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review.

We are delighted to see that you had a delightful stay, and most importantly that Miklos and the rest of our staff have impressed you to the point of returning.

Should you find yourself returning, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We arrived as gold loyalty members , we walked into the hotel and proceeded straight forward to a small desk and an Irish girl was writing behind the desk we stood and were completely ignored for at least 5 mins until my son said “ excuse me we’d like to check in “ she then lifted her head and told us “wrong desk round the corner “ we were obviously a complete annoyance to her. We then checked in and were told we had been given a room upgrade to a kind superior upon I asked him if we could have a Trafalgar Square view , his reply was that we’d been given an upgrade so I left it at that and we went up to the room , which was small but had everything needed but OMG the view or lack of it was a concrete office block just a few feet away , our only reason for visiting this hotel was to watch the light show that we had heard was happening in the square and we thought we could watch it from the room .
Breakfast was another disappointment , no decaf tea and no toast ???? A simple continental breakfast was offered and we were seated next to a family with two screaming children when the restaurant was empty why sit us next to the noisy family ??
We were so annoyed and upset about this that we just checked out at 8 am .
We used all our Hilton honours points for this one night break and I am very Ngry and upset at the way we were treated .

Room Tip: High floor with a view
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank griggsfi0na
TheTrafalgarStJames, Guest Relations Manager at The Trafalgar St. James London, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear griggsfi0na,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your most recent experience with us.

I am disappointed to see that your welcome to the Hotel was not up to your standards and that you felt the way you did. Furthermore, I am saddened to see that breakfast was unsatisfactory, however the toast is indeed available, it just must be asked for so that we are able to produce fresh toast for all our esteemed customers.

Please note that in the future, do not hesitate to contact me personally so that I am able to gauge your preferences and ensure none of this happens again.