“Worst Persian Food Experience Ever!!!!”
Review of Kish Restaurant

Kish Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kish Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #741 of 24 685 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$17 - US$33
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Kilburn High Road is a hive of activity and is filled with bustling caf��s, restaurants and bars in north London. Kish is a favourite with locals for its fresh Persian/Iranian food and cosy, neighbourhood atmosphere, and the restaurant stands out slong the strip with its huge clay oven and chef���s work bench in the shopfront window. Step inside and the walls are a deep magenta giving the space a friendly glow. The floors are tiled and the vibe here is informal ��� but Kish is suitable for business dining or fun celebrations. The menu is filled with classic kebabs and grills and we recommend the charcoal grilled lamb chops with saffron steamed basmati rice and a grilled tomato for main course.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had the most unfortunate experience of visiting this ghastly restaurant for a second time because of it's prime location. As I entered the restaurant I was ordered more or less where to sit, and as I sat down at the shabby table to order which almost took an eternity by the rude and impatient staff that try to rush you in and out and show absolutely no courtesy for the paying customer. As I ordered the lamb cubes & kebab with rice & bread, I was expecting a delicious Persian feast, but much to my absolute horror I received the most ghastliest of Persian meals that I have ever had. The lamb cubes were so overcooked, dried up, tasteless and chewy as actual chewing gum that could not even be cut by a sharp knife!!!! The kebab was so slimy and gross & inedible, the rice if you could it that was stone cold and the bread was cremated beyond it's shape!!!! To add insult to injury I was forced to pay service charge by the arrogant manager for this most revolting meal, and the bill came to a total of £24 and they did not even give me back my change as the waitress gave me a dirty look just for asking for it!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE PEOPLE AVOID this most horrific dining experience at any cost, do not be conned like me for it's prime location as there are much better and cheaper Persian restaurants within the local area!!!!

3  Thank TheLondoner2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We booked a table for yesterday but arrived much earlier due to the bad weather, but we were greeted warmly and shown to a table within minutes even though the restaurant was packed. The food was the best Persian food that I’ve had in this country, and the service was warm and welcoming. I will definitely go back there and take my family.

2  Thank Maggie S
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This restaurant has a very broad and varied menu covering all of the classic dishes of Persian cuisine. It's a great place to explore Persian dishes. We found the food to be very good and authentic. This is, so far, the only restaurant we have found in England that serves kale pache, sheep's head and feet. Bread (taftoon) is made freshly for you in the tanoor. This goes well with all the dishes, including those with rice and tadik (rice crust).

The service is quick, and the setting is comfortable. The toilets are very clean! There is no alcohol on the menu but they have wine and beer if you ask for it.

1  Thank Dave_Cowley_Road
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My sister did a gathering for her friends at this lovely Iranian restaurant. The venue was nice and cute. The food was so delicious and well presented. I was very impressed with the service. Magda was very attentive and ensured that the food arrived in timely manner. We were all very pleased with the quality of the food specially the meat.
I will definitely go back again.I would like to say Thank you for both Ilham and Magda.

1  Thank Vian S
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The stews lack the traditional flavours of persian cuisine. Seems a lot more like fast food rather than fine persian food. The main issue is that there is absolutely way too much oil in the stews, not authentic at all. There is a long list of good persian restaurants, unfortunately this is not one them.

1  Thank FoodFanatic19