“Expensive and average”

Ranked #1 917 of 24 667 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Formerly known as The Georgian Restaurant, The Harrods Tea Rooms offers an all-day dining menu created by our expert team of in-house chefs. Enjoy a host of breakfast dishes including Eggs Benedict and freshly baked croissants and pastries from our Roastery & Bake Hall; or if you’re visiting later on in the day, discover delicious sandwiches and light bites alongside the specialty dish of the day. Those with a sweet tooth can indulge in our decadent cake table, filled with tarts, Bundt cake and more mouth-watering delights; or sample a taste of quintessential British elegance with our Afternoon Tea, complete with finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones and seasonally changing fancies.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited Harrods Tea Room for high tea. Whilst the sandwiches, scones and deserts were nice, they were small. I was offered one cup of coffee at the beginning of the meal, I had to ask for a second cup at the end and had to wait 30 minutes for it. Unfortunately the service was poor and we had to pay a Harrods service charge in addition to the £55 per person cost of the high tea. Sparkling water is also an extra cost. I would not recommend the Harrods Tea Rooms, find another Hugh Tea venue providing better value and service.

1  Thank Susan M

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited today for cream tea was very disappointed just four small finger sandwiches some were dry on the ends. when we came before you can have a refill of sandwiches if you wanted but there was no offer of That Anymore. thought the price charged was quite high for what you got and on top of that they charge a service charge making £60 per head.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My sister got high tea and it was tiny. Four itty bitty sandwiches and 2 tiny scones and minuscule desserts. It sounded like he said he would renew the food but he didn’t speak English well so we weren’t sure and it wasn’t offered when she was done. My friend and I got sandwich meals and they were nothing special. I didn’t enjoy mine and my friend said hers was just ok.
Seriously, save your money and go somewhere else. Especially for high tea. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It has a spacious and stylish tea/dining room - typically Harrods. We however chose to sit at the Terrace - v pleasant on sunny Sat morning. The beef burger is juicy and tasty but messy to handle. Don’t try it if this is your first date or an important business meeting. Price is Harrods, good value though, but service could be better.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So I come last year with a friend for afternoon tea and had the best one I’ve ever had.
This year it was my husbands first Father’s Day so as a special surprise I thought I’d take him for afternoon tea as it was so good before at the Georgian restaurant in Harrods.
The sandwiches where lovely however we had to ask for some more which I thought was disappointing the waiter just didn’t seem to care about service or ask us if we would like some more. The scones and cakes then come which where lovely however he didn’t ask again if there was anything else we would like I had to ask for more milk twice and we wasn’t asked once if we would like another drink so disappointed at £121 including service it’s a lot of money to spend when the service is not as it should be and we only had a pot of tea 8 sandwiches 2 scones and a few little cakes.
It’s a shame as I was so excited after my first visit. Also there was no piano playing either. It felt overall rushed.

1  Thank Glamourtraveller