“Dissapointing”

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #297 of 25 288 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Transit: Knightsbridge Tube Station.
Description: Focusing on the revival and modernisation of traditional British recipes, the menu at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal features simple contemporary dishes inspired by Britain's historic gastronomic past and recipes dating as far back as the 16th century.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have nothing overly negative to write about this place but we were expecting a least a little bit of a wow factor or something different.

When you charge these prices and have a reputation like Heston Blumenthal, I was surprised to be served Mcdonalds style stringy fries.

As I say, nothing negative but not really worth the money.

Write a ReviewReviews (4 746)

21 - 25 of 4 746 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

It’s not only an usual fine dinner in an decent environment, every dish has its character. You won’t be disappointed since you walk into the restaurant. The wine cellar offers you choices in all price level.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

4 of us booked chefs table at this wonderful hotel ( mandarin oriental ) Knightsbridge. From the moment we stepped out of our taxi we felt like celebrities, from the greeting from the doorman to the ladies waiting at reception. We were shown into a beautiful bar area and had champagne cocktails , the choices were lovely on the coctail menu , after a short while we were taken through to the private booth within the restaurant for our dinner. The waitress attending us explained how the evening would progress with one of the head chefs addressing us at each course initially , she explained all the history behind the foods being served , all was very interesting. The sommelier came and explained each wine paired with each course . We enjoyed every mouthful of food and every taste and more , of wine if your looking for a fab gift or a special treat you must visit , exspensive but well worth it , we have eaten at the fat duck aswel and although a different experience, some wonderful similarities .

Reviewed 19 June 2018

A few months ago, during my European travels in December and January, I was fortunate enough to visit Dinner by Heston Blumenthal in London. This two Michelin Star restaurant, situated in Knightsbridge, is any foodie’s dream to visit.

My benedict and I arrived at The Mandarin Oriental. It’s large double doors, exquisite entrance hall and enchanting spiral staircase definitely set the tone for one of the top fine dining experiences. We were directed to the restaurant and greeted by the front host who offered to hang up our heavy winter coats. We were then seated at a table across from the open plan kitchen before being offered some wine by the sommelier. Having eyed out the restaurant’s Instagram page, my benedict had already decided on the “Meat Fruit” starter. This was a spiced red wine, chicken liver parfait served with grilled bread. The smooth red appearance of the chicken liver parfait gives rise to its name, giving it a fresh, juicy, fruit like look. It’s quite uncanny actually. The starter tasted great too. I opted for the “Sherried Scallop” starter. This was scallop tartare served with grilled shiitake in a sherry mushroom broth. It was delicious! The broth was rich in flavour and ever so tasty. Really enjoyed this starter. For my main meal I had the Fillet of Hereford Beef. This was served with a side of the most interesting and unusual mushroom ketchup and Heston’s famous triple cooked chips. My meal was absolute perfection! The fillet was tender, perfectly cooked (obviously), juicy and delicious. The potato chips were amazing; well-seasoned, cooked throughout and had that perfect exterior crunchiness. I loved the mushroom ketchup too. It was so unique, yet tasted great! My benedict chose the Powdered Duck for his main. This was braised duck breast served with grilled red cabbage and pickled cherries. Just another fantastic dish from Dinner by Heston Blumenthal. For dessert I selected the Gingerbread Ice Cream. This was mulled wine poached pear with salted caramel and smoked walnut mousse. It was a rather bitter dessert and while it was really good, it was perhaps not something quite suited to my sweet tooth.

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal is certainly a bucket list type of dining experience and something I’d really been looking forward to for quite some time. The restaurant itself is beautiful and very elegantly laid out with simple and clean looking décor. The service was good and nothing could be faulted, however there was just something missing from our experience. Perhaps, partly due to a really high expectation on our part and an intense build up and anticipation of the experience we expected at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, but we left feeling that it wasn’t a particularly special or memorable experience. There were no surprise elements or complimentary courses – such as a pallet cleanser for example – and we almost had the sense that we were being rushed and were merely just a slotted booking of many for the evening. The food at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal was fantastic, no doubt about it, but given the costs and lack of that je ne sais quoi, I don’t think I’d rush back to experience the restaurant again on a future trip to London.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Dinner is amazing in every sense of the word. I had the fruit pate which was so different but yummy and the pineapple dessert was incredible too. Service was excellent and a good atmosphere to celebrate my birthday. Will definitely be coming back!!