Free cancellation until 28/07
US$112
US$100
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
NH London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$280
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Reviews (1 143)
1 143 results
All reviewsgreat locationqueens gateroyal albert hallnatural history museumgloucester roadhyde parklovely hotelpiccadilly lineroom wasn't readytube stationeasy accessrooms are smallquiet roomwest endkensingtonharrodschelsea
635 - 640 of 1 143 reviews
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Awesome stay. Highly recommended. Staff were brilliant. The breakfast was very reasonable and plentiful..... Nearest tube station is about a 5 minute walk away. Plenty of restaurants and bars nearby..

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank maddog1971
Jesus E, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear guest,

I am just delighted to see that we got right all aspects of your stay and you regard your experience as awesome! thank you very much for your top mark on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 September 2016

The first impression when we arrived the hotel was fantastic, since this is our honeymoon trip, they had a card with small dessert and champagne/ fruits prepared in our room, their receptionist are super nice and sweet; however, their staffs serving in the dining area for breakfast didn't treat us the same way, they seemed to be distant because we are Asians ( I'm guessing) . But overall it's a great place to stay if you visit London.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank mandyii
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here due to proximity of the royal albert hall and that's the only reason.
Room size was average for a silver Hilton honours member. But don't take room 124 as right outside is a huge fan vent and the room above has a real squeaky floor . Why oh why does double tree insist on using Nescafé brand coffee in the room it's awful and no earl grey or hot choc alternatives. And 5 tiny milk cartons not 4 or 6 but 5 .?.. ( even after asking at the reception) went out yesterday until 2 pm to find room had not been serviced and replenished . All in all it was ok but next time going back to Westminster double tree and taking the tube to the Royal Albert Hall. I accept these are petty grumbles but it's these that wind me up. However the shower was nice :-).

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Stayed here for five nights recently for business travel in this hotel, which was converted to a Hilton brand less than one year ago. Booked it mainly due to price & convenient location (close to two tube stops- South Kensington & Gloucester Road).

Overall impression is bad, only saving grace is service attitude among the food & beverage managers (Gerald & Adelina) and the dining room staff is outstanding. While front desk & housekeeping crews have a long way to catch up before they can get this place up to Hilton standards.

On check-in day, got delayed for almost one and half hour from getting into my reserved room, despite giving hotel staff almost 72 hours advance notice, letting them know I'll be checking in @2 pm local time. I actually arrived at the tube station nearby at 1 pm, and purposely stayed there at a Starbucks for an hour before walking over to the hotel. Upon checking in, I was told by front desk staff that, 'Sorry, your room is not ready, and we don't know when it'll be because we couldn't get hold of housekeeping.' They offered me a complimentary drink coupon which I used to get a beer at the hotel bar, and ironically the front desk even charged me for it, which I had to spend precious time arguing with the front desk to have it remove/reverse it upon checking out.

Despite all this brouhaha, I was not able to check into my room up until almost 3:30 pm, and immediately found that there were no outlets that would let me charge my U.S laptop computer wires into the wall outlet. Again, most other major brands in London already have this built into their wall outlets, or have a converter/adapter plug ready to go inside the room. I had to immediately call the front desk to request the adapter, and after 10 more minutes one was finally brought up to my room, along with iron + ironing board so I can work on fixing my wrinkle clothes. More time wasted! All in all, I experienced almost a 2 hour delay, which made me late for my first business appointment of the day that very same afternoon on the day of my arrival.

I also found problems with the upkeep/cleanliness of the hotel gym over two consecutive mornings I used the exercise facility. On day one there were no clean towels for one to wipe off sweat, and 3 full bottled water which I took one to quench my thirst. Told the front desk of this problem and asked for remedy. To my surprise, on the second morning (i.e. 24 hours later), not only there were still no clean towels, but also 2 partially drank bottles of water were laying around on the table in the gym. Come on people. Don't you know that at the bare minimum, having clean towels and clean water for your guests to use is the standard hotel industry practice? Complaint a bit louder again, this time to the hotel Asst. Front Desk manager, and finally the problem was resolved when I went back to use the gym two days later.

One more housekeeping problem occurred during the middle of my stay, where for 24 hours no face/hand towels, nor soap bars were replenished by the chambermaid. Guess what, had to bring that up again to hotel's management, in order for it to be resolved the next day, and not on the spot where an astute hotel operator would have done.

The final problem occurred on the morning of checkout, where a front office staff first had me hand over my credit card and charged my bill, instead of showing me the final bill statement first, which again in other hotels, would have had the final bill statement slip under my room door the night before. After he ran the charge on the card, and then produce the statement after that, is when I discovered that the 'free drink' from day 1 of checking in was not free (came out to roughly GBP 12 for a bottle of beer). I then had to get the beverage manager involved to void that charge, and the front desk staff fumbled around for an additional 10-15 minutes to correct & reverse my credit card charges. Extra time wasted again, on the morning I couldn't afford time wasting because I had to walk over to the tube station to catch the next train to the airport.

Epilogue- 5 Days since I checked out of that place, and I had to spend time with my credit card company this morning to void duplicate/triplicate pending charges for the same hotel bill I already paid once on the day of checking out (Sunday) from this place. Why you asked? I said the clueless hotel's business office staff probably still trying to figure out if they correctly reversed and charged me (which the front office staff did do it correctly) for my 5 day stay on the Sunday morning that I checked out.

Question to my TripAdvisor audience- Would you want to stay at a place like this after you learned of my ordeal? Not if you are a frequent business traveler I hope.

Room Tip: Lots of hotels nearby that are near tube stations, international brand names too, which hopefully live up to their brands' standards.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
8  Thank QuakernJayhawk
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Lovely hotel, friendly staff, modern and clean rooms (a bit small but that is fine). Location in South Kensington is superb, the best place in town. If the room faces the street that it can be a bit noisy during night and early morning from cars, so I would recommend to bring ear plugs. Other than that – great place.

1  Thank Danny B