US$376
US$270
US$192
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)
US$168
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Earls Court(London)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$159
US$195
CrownePlaza.com
US$90
US$50
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

US$459
  • Pool
Reviews (2 987)
2 987 results
1 290
1 238
1 290
1 238
All reviewsvictoria and albert museumsouth kensington tube stationgrand roomwhirlpool bathbritish airwaysthe natural history museumhealth clubexcellent locationfull english breakfastminute walkexecutive roombreakfast was includedpiccadilly linelovely hotelbuffet stylemini barearly check
602 - 607 of 2 987 reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I vacationed here for a week. It is a nice looking hotel in a good location near Harrods and lots of other shops. What made the experience not so pleasant was some of the staff members. First of all, we decided to "upgrade" our rooms before our arrival. Once we checked in we compared our "upgraded" room to our other friends' rooms who had also upgraded their rooms and found out we had been lied to. Our room in fact was not an upgraded room like we had been told it was. Throughout the week we ran into similar "miscommunications" with the staff. The final straw was at check out when we asked if we could stay half an hour past check out time for our car to the airport to arrive. The receptionist said it was fine and we again confirmed and double confirmed with her. So at 12:30 when we went to get our luggage from the room, the other receptionist (Heather) said that we were late checking out and would be required to pay for another night. Our keys to the elevator and room were deactivated. It took another 30 min to straighten things out and we were finally able to get out of there! If the staff was trained on proper communication and better customer service, this could actually be a good hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Afsoon72
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Afsoon72

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, although I wish you had, had a better experience. I am pleased that you loved our location, in the museum quarter, close to Harrods and Hyde Park. I am of course disappointed that we failed to meet our usually high standards of service and customer care. We offer a selection of bedroom categories, as we are not a purpose built hotel and there is variation within each category. If a guest is disappointed with the room originally allocated to them, then we will always strive to offer an alternative. Belatedly, I can only apologise for any miscommunication with the team. Late check-out can only be offered subject to availability, we would not charge you if you departed at 12.30pm however, our fee is £20 per hour, up until 6.00pm. I am so sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to try and restore your faith in the hotel, should you choose to return on a future visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

I took my daughter and her adult children to London for one week and fell in love with the Rembrandt Hotel (5 blocks from Harrod's on Thurloe Place). They gave us stunning connecting rooms on the top floor -- each one large and comfy. The breakfast was included and was spectacular. They may not dole out lots of towels or big cakes of soap but all you need to do is ask and they will happily up your supply. The location was excellent -- hotel is very well run and their Concierge Pablo is magnificent, So much more character than the typical American brand.

Room Tip: Our connecting rooms on the 6th floor had no grand view but it was quiet. Rooms across the hall had view of Victoria & Albert Museum.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear ideblasi0

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt and for awarding us your stop score. I am delighted that you "Heart The Rembrandt" and that you, your daughter and grandchildren fell in love with us. I am thrilled that our you describe our interconnecting rooms as stunning and that you found them large, comfortable and well appointed. Like you, we love our location in the museum quarter, close to Harrods, Hyde Park and a short walk from Kensington Gardens and Buckingham Palace. I am pleased that you feel we have character and that the service provided was excellent, polite and friendly. I hope that we will now be you London hotel of choice, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2016

We were told in a very rude manner by the staff that we couldn't have a cup of tea and a snack that we had bought from Harrods cafe in the lobby. The hotel had a very separate dining area with tables that was separated from the main lobby by a set of doors which we were nowhere near. We were sitting by a window in the corner of the lobby. The only reason we brought our food back to the hotel is because we couldn't find anywhere to sit in Harrods or anywhere to sit in between, every place was packed with tourists as is usual for a Saturday during summer holidays in London.

While we were outside our 5 year old got stung by a wasp. We thought we would retreat back to what should have been the safety and comfort of the hotel we paid for but instead were rudely asked by staff if we had a room there and when we said yes, we are guests, we were rudely told that we can't eat in the lobby and that if we had to eat we would have to do so in our room. The same room our boys had spent all morning cooped up in with their babysitter because we had to attend a wedding ceremony that didn't allow children that day. They needed a break and we took them out but then couldn't find a place to sit and eat our snack so we assumed we would be safe in the hotel lobby we paid for, and this hotel is quite expensive for what it is as well.

By the way there were absolutely no signs anywhere in the lobby stating that guests can't eat in the lobby (keeping in mind it was not a five course meal - it was tea and pastries.) As we were heading up to our room, a little confused and embarrassed from having been evicted from our own lobby, we pointed out that there were no signs up stating guests can't eat or drink in the lobby ...this ended up with the staff shrugging and giving us rude looks and stating that no hotel lobby would allow guests to eat in their lobby.

I believe if the hotel hasn't put the lobby seating and tables in for guest use they should probably just take these options for guest "comfort" out because really guests are not made to feel comfortable in the lobby anyway. At the very least put a sign up stating clearly that guests cannot eat or drink in the lobby. Our children were sitting very quietly, the lobby was empty aside from staff at the desk and one staff member lingering around to glare at us and it was a very disappointing situation for us to have been asked to move remove our entire family (two children 5 and 3) over such a silly rule that was not signposted anyway.

The reason we gave this hotel a "poor" instead of a "terrible" rating was because the location is quite convenient but this hotel is expensive for what it is, our room was cramped and had a funny smell, especially the bathroom and the staff who handled this lobby "issue" were incredibly rude and condescending. Very sad to give such a review as we don't normally do this kind of thing.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank sairah02
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Dear Sairah02

Thank you for your extremely detailed review of The Rembrandt, although of course I am extremely disappointed that your experience fell well below our usually high standards. Belatedly, I can only apologise if you were offended when asked not to consume food and beverages purchased in Harrods, in the main hotel lobby. The hotel is a 24hr operation, however we do not serve food and beverage in the lobby as we feel this could be offensive to other residents. We actively discourage eating and drinking in the lobby as this is used as a meeting point, or as a place for guests to relax whilst checking in or out of the hotel. Hotel guests and non-residents can order and consume food & beverages, provided by the hotel in either 1606 Lounge or the Conservatory. If hotel guests purchase items off site, then they are politely requested to consume them in the privacy of their own bedroom. Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback, however, I cannot see this policy changing in the near future. I am sorry that this situation has caused you so much distress and inconvenience.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in an Executive King room. The paid for a bigger room because we were concerned about space and we were disappointed. The room would have been big enough if they hadn't placed a small table & 2 chairs at the foot of the bed, that just aren't required.
The service was appalling. The first morning at breakfast, my husband had to chase several staff for some coffee, it's like we were invisible.
And on our last morning (check out is by 12), housekeeping knocked on our door at 8.30am! And when I expressed my annoyance, her response was that they have no communication with the front desk so they don't know whose left and whose hasn't! Is this not a basic facility at most hotels, especially what we would consider to be an expensive one! Housekeeping knocked again at 10am, and when I expressed my annoyance telling her she's the second person this morning and it's ridiculous, she responds with "well, it's only my first time and if you don't want us knocking you should put the do not disturb sign up".
When we checked out, the receptionist asked if we had enjoyed our stay, I replied with not at all actually, it's been terrible and she just looked down at her computer and ignored my comments.
It's an expensive hotel with terrible staff, we were extremely disappointed and would never stay there again.
The location was good, but in the evening, when walking back to our hotel, the streets are full with groups of Arab men and if I hadn't been with my husband, I wouldn't have felt safe.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SummersZoo

Dear SummersZoo

Thank you for reviewing the hotel following your recent stay, although of course it is disappointing to receive negative feedback. Belatedly, I can only apologise that so many aspects of your stay, failed to meet our usually high standards. As we are not a purpose built hotel our rooms do vary in size and shape, however, an Executive King should have been comfortable for a three night stay. Breakfast is the busiest meal of the day at the hotel and is therefore the meal upon which we receive the most feedback, usually positive. The team work hard to ensure all guests are served in a timely, professional manner and that beverages are served promptly, I am sorry that this was not your experience. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our Food & Beverage Manager. All bedrooms are provided with hanging door signs so that residents can alert the hotel team, if they require service or if they do not wish to be disturbed. I am sorry that on the morning of your departure Housekeeping repeatedly disturbed you. We want all of our guests to have a positive experience and to wish to return, I am sorry that you feel unable to, I would welcome the opportunity to try and restore your faith in us, should you choose to return. Thank you once again for sharing you constructive feedback.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

This hotel used to be used (many years back) by the company I worked for..as a place to stay during training courses. Always found it a little pricey for our pockets but it came up on a discounted price in May and was an ideal location for our trip to Chelsea Flower show...so considering my previous stays - I couldn`t resist trying it again! I was not disappointed - the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Our room had a doors which opened out onto Thurloe Place - which made for an interesting view of the street below and the comings and goings of London.
The room was clean and of reasonable size and we had a jacuzzi bath.
The breakfast was plentiful and served as a buffet and the waiters serving tea/coffee etc were friendly and efficient.
They provide a mobile phone from the room which was not needed but useful if it was. Good location for Chelsea - only a ten minute walk.
There is a swimming pool and spa, which we did not use but would have been included in our room price if wanted.
Glad we returned after all these years.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear TravelbuddyWorcester

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, following your stay in May to attend the Chelsea Flower Show. I am delighted that you chose to return, after many years and that we did not disappoint. I am pleased that you found an inclusive, competitive rate which allowed you to return and that we provided comfortable, quiet, clean, well appointed accommodation, in a convenient location. I am pleased that you enjoyed our extensive buffet breakfast, appreciated our new Handy Smart phone ( although you did not use it) and were pleased to have access to all of the facilities within Aquilla Health & Fitness. I am over the moon that you chose to return and that we met or exceeded your expectations. I hope that you will consider returning to us, on a future trip to London.