Reviews (2 237)
2 237 results
All reviews russell square british museum atrium bar night bar piccadilly line trouser press tube station english breakfast large hotel beans covent garden tea and coffee kings cross bit dated buffet style west end short break
12 - 17 of 2 237 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My colleague and me were booked here at the last minute because there was literally no other rooms in London. We arrived about 9 pm to find a huge que of about 40 people, took ages to get to the front. The travel Company had booked two executive suites on bed-and-breakfast, we found that the hotel messed the booking up we had one exec suite with breakfast, the other a normal room no breakfast. The staff struggled to understand our complaints. I ended up with the better room. A twin room that looked like any premier Inn room. But apparently it was an executive suite compared to other rooms which were old and tatty with blankets on the bed. They didn’t even have tea spoons. The hotel it’self was horrible and old , my colleague was based in the Sourh end of the hotel, I was in the North side. We were given our room keys with no instructions, I got lost and walked around what felt like dozens of dirty looking corridors. I felt very vulnerable. I found my room it was next to the lift through a private door. I was fuming because they could have told me that. The map they give you is completely confusing. Using the lifts again made me feel vulnerable, which I’ve never felt before and I travel a lot with work.
My colleague the next morning double checked that breakfast had not already been paid for, we then got told that neither of us Had had breakfast paid for, obviously this caused a few crosswords, they looked and found that I’ve been booked for breakfast. They just did not know what they were doing.
I went to put my luggage in the luggage room to also find they charge you for this, I went into breakfast to find they refuse me entry because I didn’t have my card, the receptionist had taken this off me earlier, so then had to queue up to explain that they take my card and not given it back to me so I can get breakfast, it was a comedy of errors, With staff that didn’t give a flying care.
Breakfast was just okay, the tea was vile and the toast looked like it had a fright it was so pale it was like warm bread.
Never ever ever ever again will I stay in that hotel or any of its chains. Please don’t use it.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
ImperialLondonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at our Royal National Hotel, one of our Imperial London Hotels. It is always great to hear from our guests as we always want them to feel comfortable and welcomed throughout their stay.

We are disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and feel that a two-star rating represents your experience at our hotel. We apologise if you were not satisfied with our rooms. We do advise our guests to check their reservation with their travel agency to ensure that amendments can be made accordingly, prior to their arrival. Equally, our English breakfast is generally praised by our guests so we apologise if you did not enjoy it on this occasion. We do advise our guests who have booked with a travel agent on a continental-breakfast-basis-only, to upgrade to our popular English breakfast for a supplement of £5.00, if they would prefer a hot meal and more of a variety. This includes bacon, sausages, hash browns, baked beans, tomatoes. porridge, scrambled, fried or boiled eggs and toast. We have passed on your feedback onto our Chef and Purchasing department to review their current selections.

Moreover, our luggage room can be used by our guests free of charge on the day of check-in. We then charge £0.50 per suitcase to use this facility on the day of check-out. Our guests usually find this to be good value for money, as similar luggage storage facilities nearby Euston Station, are much more expensive.

We apologise if you felt vulnerable during your stay at our hotel. Our Front Desk team are available 24 hours and would have been happy to assist with any concerns you may have had during your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you would like to discuss any issues relating to your stay further.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this hotel as a last minute, quick and easy booking after my hubby was rushed into hospital.
First impressions were good; reception and it’s staff were lovely.
Room (single standard, all rooms are singles, no bigger beds) was very basic. Curtains didn’t close properly, overlooked casino entrance and therefore noisy, room was hot so I had to have the window open, therefore barely slept!
Bathroom: clean but cleaning fluid left sprayed on the bath side and not wiped and somebody elses ‘hair’ on the bath!
I had to reconnect the shower as the cleaners hadn’t done it properly and water went everywhere when I turned the taps on!
Ordered breakfast to my room, wish I hadn’t!!...all cold, no milk for the tea, WAY too much food too, such a waste! Refused to pay for it which the staff were ok and understanding about. Won’t be staying again

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SarahL6585
ImperialLondonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to our Imperial Hotel. It is always great to hear from our guests as we always want each guest to feel comfortable and welcomed. We are pleased to hear that our staff were able to provide you with a professional and efficient service throughout your stay.

However, we are disappointed that you did not enjoy your entire stay with us. We are sorry if you found the room to be too hot during your stay. We do not advertise as having air conditioning in any of our rooms at our hotel. However fans are available from our Housekeeping office on request, subject to availability. These can be obtained for a small refundable deposit. Our Housekeeping department are available daily from 8:00am to 10:00pm and would have been able to address any concerns you may have had with your room, at the time of your stay, including concerns with our bathroom facilities. We apologise if you were unaware of this at the time.

Equally, our Imperial Hotel is ideally located in the centre of London, which can be associated with a certain level of noise. Our guests are not normally affected by this and we apologise for any disturbance caused. Moreover, our English Breakfast is generally praised by our guests so we apologise if you did not enjoy it on this occasion. We have passed your feedback onto our Chef and Purchasing department to review their current selections.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Great location, friendly staff, lovely views of Russell Square. Room clean and serves the purpose but lack inspirations. The lobby is welcoming and the hotel is located steps away from the British Museum and close to an old Italian restaurant which is convenient for a late meal.

Room Tip: Front view
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us at our Imperial Hotel. We are pleased to note that overall you found our location useful for your sightseeing around London, especially as it is only a 5 minute walk away to the British Museum. We appreciate your kind feedback regarding our friendly staff and lovely views of Russell Square park and we will be sure to pass on your compliments to our team.

We look forward to welcome you back to our Imperial Hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is fairly basic but very well located. The next door sister hotel is being renovated and all of their guests were using the imperial restaurant for breakfast so there are double the amount of people causing huge queues for breakfast. We were in a hurry this morning so didn’t have time to queue and ended up having to pay for breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed 1 October 2018

While a little old fashioned, we found the rooms above average for the typical mid-priced London hotel. Be sure to ask for a room facing Russell Square, the courtyard and the Casino at the back are a little noisy. Full English breakfasts are excellent.

Stayed: September 2018
ImperialLondonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to write a review about our Imperial Hotel. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and most enjoyed our full English breakfast, which is included in the price when you book directly on our website. Our Imperial Hotel is ideally located in the centre of London, which can we associated with a certain level of noise. Our guests are not normally affected by this and we apologise for any disturbance caused.

We thank you again for choosing to stay at our Imperial Hotel and we hope to welcome you back soon.