Reviews (1 690)
1 690 results
All reviews the royal albert hall rolling stones judy garland hyde park dame nellie four poster bed queens gate the natural history museum boutique hotel south kensington kensington gardens lovely hotel kensington high street just round the corner perfect location tea and coffee continental breakfast
626 - 631 of 1 690 reviews
Reviewed 2 July 2015

The Gore Hotel is just right when visiting the Royal Albert Hall.

It is literally out the front door, turn left, turn left again and the Albert Hall is in front of you. As the taxi driver who dropped us said: "If you leave your window open you'll be able to hear the band playing!"

It has to be said that the room was on the small size with just room to squeeze round it. It could do with a bit of redecoration but the staff were friendly and helpful and there was no real cause for complaint.

One slightly odd thing was that we wanted something to eat when returning to the hotel at about 23.30 and, although the bar was open, we had to eat in the lounge although the bar staff served us!

All in all worth doing just for the convenience of being right next to the concert venue.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Neil C, Manager at The Gore – Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2015

Dear JandJ333,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had a lovely stay with us at The Gore and found our team so helpful. We pride ourselves on our staff going that extra mile for our guests and being a smaller hotel really allows us to focus on each guest as an individual.
Your comment regarding the restaurant opening hours has been taken on board and we are in discussion to extend the hours till later than 22.30. An announcment will be made soon. So stay tuned!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

With Kindest Regards,

Front Of House Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2015

On arrival 'The Gore' looked rather smart on the outside as was the reception area, however my heart sank when I saw the size of our room (103). Whilst it was clean ( as you would expect) there isn't enough space to swing the proverbial moggy. The TV reception was so unbelievably bad that we switched it off, I know that weren't here to watch TV but we wanted to keep up with the current news as we got ready to go to the RAH .The vanity mirror in the bathroom was wonky so did not use that either as I didn't want to go to the concert looking like Alice Cooper. Also no set of drawers to put your under wear in so its not ideal for more than one night. That said the bed was very comfortable and the shower excellent.
We paid for the turn down service inclusive of buffet breakfast and 2 free cocktails with no complaint with the latter two, breakfast more than adequate served by super friendly waitresses. Unfortunately the turn down service with " the managers complimentary gift " never happened, instead extra towels were brought to us when I rang down to reception. On checking out we weren't asked how are stay was, the receptionist telling us she couldn't understand why we were over looked for the turn down service and did we have any thing from the mini-bar ? NO we certainly did not, not at £7. for a thimbleful of vodka!! I never did find out what our complimentary gift was, but as we probably will not return to The Gore I'll never know!

Room Tip: Swerve room103 if your staying longer than one night.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Neil C, Manager at The Gore – Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

Dear Marina,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Gore.
I was disappointed to hear that there were numerous factors which caused dissatisfaction throughout your stay. As you can see from the majority of the reviews, The Gore is ranked among the top hotels in London and we pride ourselves for the fabulous service we provide.
Marina, I invite you to contact me directly on r.alam@starhotels.com to further discuss your recent stay as I am sure I will be able to make amends.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Ideally located for easy access to Hyde Park & Royal Albert Hall as well as Museums etc. Knightsbridge only a 30 minute brisk walk through th park. The Hotel itself is steeped in history but don't expect flash new furnishings etc. staff very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Huttongate

Dear Huttongate,

We are thrilled to hear that you love this hotel. Thank you for your kind comments. Our location, our spacious rooms, our Old World Charm and our friendly and attentive staff combine to make this one of the most unqiue hotel experiences in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Made for a very enjoyable weekend with a bit of luxury. Great location. Good service and friendly staff. Lounge area could benefit from more frequent tidy up. Breakfasts and cocktails were excellent. Would stay again

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Andy G

Dear Andy G,

Thank you for your kind review, we are thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay at the Gore.

Dont be a stranger! we look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Stayed here because my Club was full...glad we did!

Unpretentious; friendly; good service. I imagine however, that some of the rooms might be on the small side; my wife and I were entitled to an upgrade, and whilst very comfortable, this room was also on the small side...perfect however for one night.

The bar (didn't try the restaurant), was remarkably quiet for a Friday night (I was a bit early), but the very dry, very cold Vodka Martini was nearly as good as the ones I make! The bar was also closed somewhat early for a Friday...midnight?

All-in-all, excellent.

Room Tip: If you are planning a visit aimed at the theatre/the West End, not an ideal location.

Dear Beejash,

We hope to welcome you back soon.