“Doesn't live up to the ludicrous price tag”

The Landmark London
Ranked #51 of 1 076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I loved the common areas in this gorgeous hotel, so decided to stay. Upstairs is altogether a different thing. Floors are oppressive and in need of refit, room smelt of smoke and we were refused another room ("fully booked") TV was literally from the 1970's (yes a curved screen) and then - I was bitten to bits by what can only be assumed was an infestation in the bed. Breakfast would have been a light relief other than for a continental breakfast and an omlette I was slapped with a bill close to £50.00. Never again and nor should you.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank voicetv1234
The_Landmark_London, Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

We are extremely alarmed by your statement regarding being bitten during your stay with us, we take these situations very seriously indeed. I am assuming that you stayed on our third floor as this is our only smoking floor and the only days that we have been full this month is the 1 and 2 March, I would appreciate it, if you could contact us directly with your room number so that we can investigate this immediately. We have not had any record of such an event for years, but as always with you can never be too careful.

Regarding your comment on our TV screens, we are halfway through changing all of our sets to 42", HD - LCD screens, all of our rooms will be fully switched over by end of April 2011, so hopefully if you return to us, you will be able to view a more fashionable set.

I am sorry that you found breakfast expensive, we do try to offer a wide selection of choices for our guests from Room Service, individual A La Carte orders to Traditional Full English, Continental as well as Breakfast To Go for our guests in a rush. I am assuming that you and your guest enjoyed breakfast in our Winter Garden Restaurant with the full continental buffet and then chose an A LA Carte order.

I appreciate that we cannot get it right all of the time but would hope that when we make a mistake, we really try to rectify it during the guests stay, to ensure that they leave us feeling happy and relaxed. Please do contact us so that we can make you feel better regarding you stay with us.

Sally Beck
Director of Marketing

Reviews (2 902)

2 205 - 2 209 of 2 903 reviews

Reviewed 27 February 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Landmark. The hotel is classy and beautiful.

I was upgraded upon arrival. The room was spacious and well appointed. I had ordered some packages to be delivered to me in advance of my arrival, and they were sent to my room a few minutes after checking in.

The hotel is right across the street from the Marylebone tube station, which makes it very convenient.

My only complaint is that the hotel did not have a flat screen television set, and that they did not have a kettle in the room.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Excellent hotel in a good location right opposite Marylebone station. Extremely helpful staff, well equipped rooms, spacious bathrooms and all the comfort you expect from a luxury class hotel.
The spa is nice. If you want to book treatment do it well in advance as they are fully booked most of the time.
Staying in this hotel is special and well worth the little money you need to spend for ;-p
The atrium is fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Landmark many times. We have always enjoyed our stay. The hotel is well designed, thanks to the spacious Atrium and generally comfortable rooms. Staff attention is good. In particular, we were welcomed warmly by Mr. Schlaeppi who ensured that all of our needs are well tended. This is not the first time that he has been instrumental in our pleasant stay. In fact, a part of our repeated returns to the Landmark is the knowledge that we would continue to have the good attention and service from Mr. Schlaeppi.
Noted also that the Concierge staff is also very kind and good.
The only unpleasant item is the bathroom amenities which are heavily scented. Unscented would be more preferable and avoid allergy risk.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Stunning London Hotel, which looks better in real life than on photos. The highlight for my wife and I was the Sunday brunch. This is an all you can eat buffet with unlimited champagne. The champagne wasn't the best (naturally) but wasn't half bad, and the food was excellent, with something for everyone. We quoffed at least 2 bottles each of champagne, so this also represents (at £75 per person) excellent value - as long as you're able to drink of course!
The hotel room we had was very nice, but the TV was very old and this aspect needs updating.
My only gripe was the spa, which I'm afraid should be called a wet area only. Here's why: my wife and I went in and there were 10 other people there, nothing too busy. However, there were only 6 places to sit or recline, so these were all taken up. So we had no where to sit and there was no where to hang our robes. The robes ended up on the floor - no where else to put them - and we ended up bored and left after 30 mins. It wasn't cheap either so I asked for, and got, our money back. But all in all a poorly designed area that needs improving. The worst aspect was that people were going for treatments and leaving their towels on the chairs and disappearing for ages. Surely the staff taking these people to their treatments should not allow them to leave their towels behind? I thought the Germans were bad!!
My suggestion - enjoy the hotel and the Sunday brunch if relevant, spend the money, just avoid the spa.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teamtango
The_Landmark_London, Landmark Spa Manager at The Landmark London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2011

Thank you for your helpful feedback on the spa, we will certainly ensure in future that our spa guests do not try to hold their loungers whilst having their treatments. We have a separate relaxation lounge for spa guests, so there is no need for this to occur.

I am very sorry that at the time you visited us you were unable to find a space to relax, I hope that on your next visit you will have a totally relaxing and rejuvenating experience.

Kind regards