Reviews (4 791)
4 791 results
3 925
3 925
All reviews trafalgar square complimentary mini bar national gallery covent garden nespresso machine bottle of champagne executive room perfect location excellent hotel west end london eye special thanks train station buckingham palace every member of staff wonderful stay big ben
62 - 67 of 4 791 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Amba hotel never fails to impress, from the original email communications to the extra personal touches provided during our stay. If you want anything arranged by the hotel to make your stay special send them an email them beforehand and they seem to do everything within their power to personalise your stay. Nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel very welcomed again. Well done to all the staff, we look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear emmettamber,

Thank you so much for sharing a wonderful review of your recent stay with us at Amba Hotel Charing Cross.

We feel privileged that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us and I am extremely proud of the team for making the whole experience a memorable one. Your kind comments highlighting the impressive levels of service that you received are very much appreciated by us all.

It is a delight to hear that you will stay with us again in the future, please contact me when you are planning your next visit as it would be a pleasure to oversee the details of your next booking.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited a couple of weeks ago before seeing a show. Wanted a quiet bar in a nice setting which is exactly what we got. Service was good. The bar was nice and the prosecco the average price in London, so quite good for a hotel. Snacks quite expensive for what you get. Toilets good!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Again, a positive review of the Amba Charing Cross. Welcoming staff, lovely room (I was in an executive suite), comfortable bed. In addition noticed subtle changes all for the better which added to the comfort of my stay. This hotel seems to cater to all needs, from the first time visitor to London to the business traveller. Anticipate many more stays - this was around my fifth visit!

Room Tip: High floors are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Dear MsDeboo,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again at Amba Hotel Charing Cross and for taking the time to share a 5 star review following your most recent experience.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a comfortable stay and that you were made to feel welcome by our friendly team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please contact me directly next time you are planning another trip to London as I would love to oversee the details of your next booking.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a wonderful stay at the Amba Hotel on Saturday night. This was an annual meet up with a couple of girlfriends and I had booked this hotel primarily due to very favourable reviews and its location.

Situated next door to Charing Cross Rail/Underground station overlooking the Strand. Within easy walking distance of Trafalgar Square, Embankment, Leicester Square and Covent Garden.

My initial reservation was for a Studio Suite accommodating 3. We were thrilled to be offered an early check in at 12, , in room mini bar and an excellent breakfast. In addition we were able to use the executive lounge which provided

Complimentary “ nibbles, hot and cold drinks with wine to guests which was most welcome.

Having stayed in several central London hotels we were all extremely impressed by the efficiency, professionalism and genuinely warm welcome of all the staff we encountered from Reception/Concierge, housekeeping, Portering and Dining.

Thank you to you all for helping to make our weekend break away even more fabulous.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank lizziej74
Charing X, General Manager at Amba Hotel Charing Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear lizziej74

It was an absolute delight to have welcomed you to The Amba Hotel Charing Cross on your recent visit to London and thank you for sharing your experience with an amazing 5 star review.

Your wonderful comments that mention our fantastic location, friendliness of the team and the comfort of your room are very much appreciated and your lovely words have been shared with all the team.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the future. Please contact me when you are planning your next weekend break away in London and as I would be delighted to oversee the details of your booking and ensure you have a seamless experience.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Family stay in a very comfortable hotel which had character and luxurious style, attractive room with a view and nice touches such as coffee and refreshments, really comfortable bed and spacious bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank karinstephens

Dear karinstephens

Thank you for writing a 5 star review of the Amba hotel Charing Cross.

I am absolutely thrilled that we were able to pleasantly surprise you and your family. I am delighted that you loved so many different aspects of your stay. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the comfortable room and the facilities in it.

I look forward to welcoming you back again during your next stay in London. When you have decided to return please feel free to contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to oversee the details of your next booking.

Warm regards,