Reviews (5 661)
1 368
1 161
1 792
1 368
All reviewswest wingedgware roadthe executive loungehuge hotelpaddington stationbusy hotelheathrow expressmarble archfamily roomhyde parklondon eye
172 - 177 of 5 661 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We saved up for our four day London trip. Hilton London Metropole was going to be our splurge for a nice place to stay. The room was uncomfortably warm. I called for maintenance twice and was offered a fan. The mini fridge did not work. I had hoped to have cold water waiting for us when we got to the room. I called for maintenance. They did not replace the fridge in the cabinet but added a second fridge to the room. It did not cool either. I spoke with the front t desk a third time to hear there was nothing they could do. They were not willing to let me speak with management to find a resolution. They wanted.me to come up with a solution. What do I know is available for them to help? I expected better from a Hilton. O will say each maintenance man, runner, wait staff and bar tenders did not disappoint. Professional and courteous. They made our stay enjoyable. The front desk and management did a disservice to the Hilton reputation in my mind.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Debra G, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear higonzilla,

We are very sorry to read that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations.

First of all, please accept our apologies that your air conditioning was not working effectively and that we were unable to move you to a more appropriate room or offer a satisfactory resolution. Please be assured that your comments will be discussed with the relevant managers with regard to how better this situation could have been managed. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are grateful that you have taken the time to leave feedback and we very much hope for an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton London Metropole in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

As only a very few of their rooms have been upgraded this large scale property has a long way to go in its refurbishment process.

The rooms yet to be renovated, although large by London standards are very dated.

Bar, Restaurant & Conference areas are ok but not top range...

Its location is this Hilton property’s strength

Very pricey though

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

As London hotels go in this price range this is a good place to stay. Larger than average rooms for the city, great breakfast and lovely cocktails. A little tired in decor and not the greatest air con but the staff are great.

Location for town and Paddington station is also perfect and all in walking distance. Just don't expect a £200 a night hotel

Dear Rubellared,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay at the Hilton London Metropole.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We have begun to refurbish the bedrooms in the Tower Wing and intend that this will continue throughout the hotel soon. We hope you will have an opportunity to experience a new room in on a future stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I was a guest at this hotel as a part of large conference. I got a room with a view on the 22nd floor, but entering the room I was immediately disappointed. The room itself was quite small but for good location in London that is not uncommon. But I was greeted with a warm heavy air. At first I thought the A/C was off but it was blowing. Temperature in room showed 27 deg but A/C set to 21. The carpets were dirty and worn, paint chipped of walls in few locations and overall outdated. The view over the city was great but that was the only positive thing I could find. I complaint to the lobby about the temperature in the room and they said they would have a look at it. Nothing did happen and speaking to colleagues at the conference they all had same issue. 25-29 deg in the rooms. I have to say this is the worst Hilton I have stayed at.

Room Tip: One with working a/c
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel_by_air_N

Dear Travel_by_air_N,

We are very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay at our hotel due to the air conditioning not working effectively. We have passed your comments to our Chief Engineer for his urgent attention and we apologise for the inconvenience this caused.

We very much hope for an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton London Metropole when we are able to demonstrate our usual standards.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Second time I have stayed here and will never again. Feels like a Holiday camp not a Hilton hotel. Bathrooms desperately need upgrading. Service not to standard and feels like security guards are watching you everywhere

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Debra G, Manager at Hilton London Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear andrew w,

We are sorry to read that your stays with us have not met your expectations.

We have begun to refurbish our bedrooms, with the intention of refurbishing all rooms in the near future.

We are very grateful for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon.