US$391
US$165
US$369
US$177
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

US$253
US$208
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NH London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$645
US$487
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewscannizaro housecannizaro parklovely hotellovely roomstandard roomweddinghdvtennisbathpubs
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Dinner in the Orangery for my Father in Laws 70th Birthday last night was a disaster.
Very slow service before dinner waiting for drinks. No one welcomed us or indeed checked who we were and that we were there for our reservation. Place half empty so no excuses.
Starters ok but not great. Asked for bread, never arrived.
Extraordinarily long wait for main courses. When we asked about the delay we were told that they had a function on for 115 people in another part of hotel so we'd have to wait!
Three out of six main courses sent back, not including the chateaubriand (£65) which we struggled on with. It was left standing on a counter before being delivered to table. Arrived cold and tough.
After mains were finished dirty plates etc were left uncleared for 20 minutes. Eventually cleared them ourselves & went to bar.
Operations Manager responded to complaint well. Only charged us for drinks & starters.
Nonetheless, a special night out we had been looking forward to for weeks was in tatters, leaving us upset & still £200 down for the privilege.
Cannizzaro House is a beautiful venue which has been badly run for years. I had hoped that it's reincarnation as a Hotel Du Vin would help it improve. It's actually got an awful lot worse.
Terrible staff (other than opps manager), awful service, shockingly bad food... at a huge cost. Avoid.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank padoir2015
Emma D, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear padoir2015

Thank you for tasking the time to write your review following your dining experience with us.
I have just taken over the property as General Manager and I have discussed your experience with my team at length following your feedback to my operations manager. Please be assured that we are all very passionate about this business and being able to move our quality and service levels forward.
Please do allow us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectation.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you int he future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We have stayed at this hotel many times and have enjoyed the great location and hotel service. However we understand that the chain has changed hands and the service seriously gone down hill along with the quality of food in the restaurant. We were there with friends who totally agreed.it's a shame as the location is fantastic and the building .
We will probably not go back.

Room Tip: Rooms all of a good quality
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jenny4953

Dear Jenny4953

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your experience here at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon. I am very sorry your experience did not live up to past expectations. Hotel du Vin acquired the property a couple of years ago and I have just taken over the property as General Manager following working for the Malmaison and Hotel du Vin brand for over 10 years. We truly do have an absolute amazing property and location and please do come back to try us again in the near future as I am sure you will not be disappointed next time.
Emma Doré

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is the second time we have stayed here,love the Hotel du vin hotels.This one is in a lovely location,easy acess to Wimbledon common and Wimbledon village,also good tube access to london.
Lovely building with free parking,spacious well equipped rooms ,all with tea and coffee making facilities
Staff lovely and very attentive,we look forward to another visit

Room Tip: All rooms quiet and most have lovely views.Food always excellent
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear suebrianmatthews

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us here at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon. It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your experience with us.
I will be sure to share your review with my team.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Emma Doré

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Oh dear Hotel du Vin what's happened?
Service was non existent food average and in the case of cannoli dessert inedible - needed a hammer
Pity as when restaurant opened food was great and service excellent
This past year the service on terrace is non existent and so we tried inside orangery and it was a comedy of errors
Coffee ordered 4 times and when it finally arrived served in a chipped cup! Pls do something as you will lose all your locals

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Emma D, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Nikki308

Thank you for taking your time to write your review following your time here at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon.
I have just taken over as General Manager and all feedback is very important to me so that I can ensure that we are moving the service forward. I will also be discussing your feedback with my Head Chef as I know that is not his normal standard.

I do hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to be able to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for your comments and observations.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Booked last minute for standard room. Reasonably price for Wimbledon. Swift check in and was roomed by the same girl who checks us in.
Got ‘Veuve Clicquot’ room on the 1st floor with large window to the front of the hotel.
Beautiful room, high ceiling - It is an old house.. so expected.
Very spacious room and bathroom. Clean and equipped with the coffee machine.
Slightly weird configuration with the minibar inside the wardrobe(?)
Not sure if I am listening correctly, but the girl who roomed us said complimentary wine (there was half bottle of wine on the table inside the Room, far from minibar). We drunk it and will see if the bill come out on my card.
No complimentary water though. Or at least not that we can see.
Overall, good location. We could just walk 10 min to the village and find restaurants and cafes. Will be back if they have good offer.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear minibisceper

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon.
It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed the "Veuve Cliquot" room.

I am afraid that the mini bar is not complimentary and I will ensure I discuss this with the reception team so that their communication is a little clearer.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.