All reviews equipped rooms short stay continental breakfast tube station decent location natural history museum nice toiletries gloucester road air conditioning minutes walk away room was spotless tea coffee other guests family room walking distance hyde park kensington
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Stayed for 2 nights in June 2018.

Good things about this hotel:
-The location is great
-2 tube stops very close, earl's court and gloucester road
-Plenty of food and drink places nearby in walking distance
-The room was nice, bed was comfortable enough
-Nice bathroom
-Room had really good air conditioning.
-Big TV
-Lights in the mirrors which was a great little touch
-Nice toiletries
-Nice decor inside and out

Not so good things:
-It is quite loud, could hear door slamming from about 6am waking us up.
-The shower was not the best, it seemed to make the whole bathroom wet unless you can keep the shower curtain completely in place.
-We stayed for 2 nights, first night the fire alarm went off just before midnight, the second morning it went off at 7am.
-Our room was on the Mezzanine level and didn't have a real window to outside, which wasn't clear when we booked it. This made the room feel stuffy and dark.
-The reception staff were not rude just quite disinterested and lacked eye contact, but to be fair they were busy.
-Hotel is a bit of a maze, did go round in a circle looking for our room the first few times.

Did not hate this hotel and it was fair for the amount we paid, but wouldn't come back.

Room Tip: NOT a mezzanine level room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Emmanuel S, Guest Relations Manager at K Hotel Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for for staying at the K hotel but also for your informative feedback.

Your positive points are appreciated and your negative ones are noted.
But nonetheless, I would love for you to get in touch with me directly to see if I could personally look after you & ensure your second stay is overall, much better. I will also happily offer you an 8% discount as a returning guest. This is a one off time offer & is subject to availability.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Very clean, nice rooms, great location and the customer service from all of the team we came across was just great. Really made the stay a positive experience. I was served by Shereene (I think) and she was amazing. Fabulous customer service. Will be staying again for sure.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Simon,
Thank you very much for for staying at the K hotel but also for your superb feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future with an 8% discount from our online rates on offer as returning valued guest, that would include family & friends, as a one off time offer subject to availability.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

New condition. Nice front desk and helpful. Typical English breakfast. Shower extremely slippery. Almost zero counterspace in bathroom. For this reason alone would not go back. Small room. Gave us one bed. We asked for 2. Moved us to smaller room with two beds side by side so still no separation from other. Must be u.k. thing?

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you very much for for staying at the K hotel & also for your appreciated feedback.

This feedback is also very useful which we will take into consideration. However, I would very much like you to get in touch with me to see if I can make your second visit a much better one.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Very clean! Modern, updated, with good A/C! Decent location. 3 min walk to the nearest Tube station - Gloucester Rd Station w/ easy access to everything in town. Also w/in walking distance (15 min walk or less) to other good restaurants in Kensington, and Kensington Palace!

It was a little small, and there isn't food available 24/7 like a chain hotel which may be slightly inconvenient. I thought that I would not need that, but found that it would have been nice. Lastly, beds were very firm, but I slept just fine.

Room Tip: Don't stay right by the fire doors ESPECIALLY on a Friday night.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear 'Sweetie',
Thank you very much for for staying at the K hotel but also for your appreciated feedback.

Your feedback is also very useful which we will take into consideration.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Very clean if small room. Well equipped and quiet. Easily accessed and with excellent local food and drink and shops all within 5 or 10 minutes walking. Staff helpful and pleasant. Good for a short stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Emmanuel S, Guest Relations Manager at K Hotel Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your lovely review & for staying with us.

I hope to welcome you once again at the K hotel, whereby I will happily offer you an 8% discount for you or any family member or a friend, subject to availability. This is a one time offer.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.