“We didn't want to leave.”

Egerton House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 1 081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I try my hardest to be spontaneous and try new places but from my past experience of a few London Hotels, which are very nice but expensive and try too hard to impress, I booked 2 nights at the Egerton House again. My wife and I could feel the anticipation as the two nights came closer & closer. It had been two years since our last stay and over expectation is always a recipe for disappointment.
How is it possible to be better every time? From the moment we walked through the front door we felt stress, from working far too hard, slipping away. We had one of the smaller rooms, 36, an absolute delight, with a view of the garden. We dressed up and slipped into the bar where Esley made me one of his signature Martinis and wifey had bubbles. Stress was now a thing of the past and a lovely walk through the church and up the cobbled mews to the Royal Albert hall was only one more Martini away.
Our last morning we woke from one of the best sleeps we’ve had for months, rolled over to each other and plotted ways of having just one more night. It’s such a dream home from home we just didn’t want to leave.
We will be back soon.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich_d_Lovely
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Rich_D_lovely,

It really warms my heart to read such a wonderful review of your most recent Egerton experience.

They say spontaneity is the spice of life but I always say that if you find something special then there is no need for change so we would love to welcome you again and again. The reason The Egerton House is so special is the staff and to read such wonderful comments about the service you received is motivation for the team to keep providing said service to such an exceptional standard.

It is so good to know that you enjoyed your return to The Egerton and we were able to help in unwinding and forgetting about the everyday stress. Esley will also be very pleased to know that he was able to assist in making your experience memorable.

We hope you return soon and if you ever need to add one more night to the end of your stay, rest (very well and) assured that we would be more than happy to have you for as long as you’d like!

Michelle Devlin

Write a ReviewReviews (1 543)

25 - 29 of 1 543 reviews

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

An amazing hotel in Knightsbridge. It seems to be at home here, everything is perfect, from the kindness and the helpfulness of the staff to the beauty and the cleaning of the rooms, from the high quality of the breakfast to that pleasant feeling of being pampered. Thank you all, I hope to come back soon!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Pulcio576,

I am so thrilled to read of what an enjoyable stay you had and would like to thank you for your kind comments and charming review. We definitely hope people feel at home and pampered when they are here so I am thrilled you felt this way. Your comments shall be passed on to my team; whom shall be thrilled.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I hope to welcome you back to your new London home soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I was treated to this luxury boutique hotel as a birthday present by my fiancé for a weekend away in London. From walking through the doors at the beginning of your trip right to the very end, you’ll be well looked after by the ever so helpful staff. Water is available 24\7 which at the time we went, was necessary as it was about 30 degrees outside.
There are complimentary sweets and nibbles available for you during your stay, fresh fruit each day in your room and a luxury selection of teas and coffee.
The beds are extremely comfortable and the turn down service is one of the highest standard I’ve ever seen.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear SheradanHannahFaye,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was such a pleasure to have you staying with us on the occasion of your birthday and I am thrilled to read your glowing review. In fact, I rather hope you shall come and see us again in the near future, and that you shall regard The Egerton House as your London home whenever you find yourself here.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We love staying at this wonderful hotel! The staff are helpful and friendly and the service is second to none. We stayed a night in a King Deluxe room which was spacious and very comfortable.
We’d like to say a big thank to everyone at the Egerton for another wonderful stay!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear hayl341,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review about your most recent stay at The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to welcome you back time and again, and I am glad that you enjoyed your New Year’s stay with us. Your continued support of The Egerton, and indeed of Red Carnation Hotels, is truly most appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

This hotel is a gem in London. It's a smaller boutique hotel and has personalized service with a very talented staff. It's in a great location with two tube stops located very short easy walks away.
From the moment we checked in we were taken under wing. The staff are so friendly and attentive without ever being intrusive. They were always quick to offer help and suggestions when needed. Each member of the staff always seemed to be ready, willing and able to go out of their way to make our stay not only in the hotel, but our time in England, perfect. When we were checking out it felt more like we were leaving a friends home than checking out of a hotel.
Our room was so cozy and the bathroom large and luxurious. The bed and linens were wonderful. The thermostat in the room worked well and it was always easy to get our room to the perfect temperature to our taste. The hotel is on a quiet side street and we never heard any noise from the street or from other guest rooms.
We pre-ordered room service for a very early delivery one morning, it arrived exactly at the time we requested, and it was delicious! As so many have written here, the bar area and barman Esley are lovely. Do try a Gin Martini while there, if you have the inclination, mine was possibly the best I've ever had!
I will definitely return to this hotel when in London and would recommend it to anyone traveling to the area.
Special thanks to Jacques and Scott for their kind hospitality!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear J W,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfully detailed review about your most recent stay at The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is so good to know that you had a most comfortable stay with us, and that we were able to make your time in England that much more special. Your kind comments towards our staff, especially to Esley, Jacques and Scott are most appreciated and I shall be sure to pass them on. I am also very pleased to read that your room was to your satisfaction and you appreciated your cosy and luxurious surroundings in the middle of London.

Once again thank you for your review. I do hope to have the immense pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton in the not too distant future.