Reviews (1 685)
1 685 results
1 560
1 560
All reviews brompton road afternoon tea red carnation drawing room rose petals victoria and albert museum boutique hotel home away from home studio suite small hotel the entire staff rooms are beautiful turn down service south kensington favorite hotel quiet street wonderful hotel
608 - 613 of 1 685 reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2016

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Egerton and have subsequently stayed on two other occasions. Each stay was wonderful. The staff is extremely courteous, polite and accommodating. Some faces have changed over the past 5 yrs but new and old staff maintain the high level of service you would expect of a hotel in this category. Beyond the high level of service, the staff are truly nice people. They make you feel welcome, as if you are at home. We considered buying a flat in the area but after a brief discussion realized that the idea was silly because staying at the Egerton is like being at home.

Other things to note about the Egerton, the food is excellent. Breakfast, continental of traditional English are fantastic. The fresh fruit in the morning is amazing. The dinner selection is excellent. However, if you like a rare or medium rare burger they are not allowed to serve it. That is not an Egerton issue that is a London issue. We were not able to get a rare burger anywhere in the city. If you like medium or better you're in luck. It's nice having access to a great meal without having to plan ahead or think about what to do after a long day of sightseeing.

The Egerton bar is my favorite bar in London. The martini's are legendary and the wine selection is always good. It is not the most extensive list but the choices are all very good. The atmosphere is extremely relaxing. We spent our second New Years at the bar watching the fireworks and it was perfect, no crowds no trouble.

A final note about service, this past Christmas holiday, we were unable to make our flight out of London. I placed 1 call to the Egerton and everything was taken care of, a car picked us up 30min later, our room was perfect and the extra night was fantastic. Most importantly, it allowed me to relax from the stress of the flight. These are some of the reasons we return to our second home.

P.S. One of the other little things they did for us was for my wife's birthday. Her birthday was 2 days prior to our arrival. After settling, in they pulled me aside to tell me they had something for her. They gave her a nice glass of Champagne, a card, and personal cupcake. It's those little things that make the difference for us.

Room Tip: Be sure to view the room photos online to decide on the decor that most suites you.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henry D
Michelle D, General Manager at Egerton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us and left with fond memories.

I would like to thank you personally for your comments on the hotel and compliments toward the team. It means such a lot to us. In fact, we look upon our guests as friends as well as our guests and I am delighted you feel at home here.

Thank you for coming back after a number of years and for choosing The Egerton House Hotel to spend such special occasions.

I very much look forward to welcoming you home in the near future.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

A regular guest over the years staying in most of what are generally regarded as some of London's most respected hotels I cannot believe that I had not stayed before in The Egerton House Hotel in Knightsbridge. It can only be described as truly outstanding value ,outstanding service and a look and feel that exuded discerning ,understated style in every way . A bedroom that almost seduced me into never leaving. A small bar that 007 would have never left after 4 Dry Martinis created by a genius BarMan. The General
Manager was charming and kind and only wanted her Guests to be truly happy and for my part we were undoubtedly !! Her staff were equally superb in every way dedicated to ensuring I and all the other guests were completely happy and I was!! This is without doubt one of London's best kept secrets .... Well it was until I started writing this.The cat is out of the Bag!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 84NigelM
Reviewed 22 June 2016

This was our very best ever stay in London, I only wish we had more than two nights. The staff (especially Irma) were simply wonderful. They were kind, caring, helpful, always going the extra step. They remembered everything from our anniversary to our excursion plans. And they made sure these went perfectly. The room was comfortable and charming with many special touches. This will definitely not be our last time at the Egerton.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell staff your needs and they will make sure they are met, that was our experience.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rickjess

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review The Egerton House Hotel.

I am delighted you had such a pleasant stay and shall extend your compliments to the team know, particularly Irma; whom I know shall be thrilled.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Egerton House Hotel in the near future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

it is one of the best in centre of the London. Really great its having the best service and rooms.its an awesome boutique hotel.This place is truly romantic. Hotel is awesomly cleaned and great.sure we will come back again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robeeg3

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you had such a pleasant stay. Thank you so very much for taking the time to review The Egerton House Hotel on TripAdvisor and share your compliments with other readers.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

This is the most wonderful hotel I have ever stayed in. All of the staff are so welcoming, caring, attentive and incredibly professional. My wife and I seem to have less and less time to spend together and every minute is so important to us. They just seemed to know what we needed, before we did. Time together seems to get less and breaks away to relax together are so rare that every moment counts and the staff seemed to really understand this and to do everything they could to take any hassle away from us. But it wasn't about meaningless gimmicks and pointless interruptions, it seemed to us to be a genuine care and really wanting to look after us. I'm happy to be heading home the NYC, but I will be returning to London soon and know where I will be staying.

Stayed: June 2016

Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure for us to have you staying with us and I would like to thank you most sincerely for your charming review.

We always aim to please though also to understand and adapt to the requirements of each guest. You are all very special to us and often become more like friends than guests alone. I am delighted you were able to enjoy your time together whilst staying with us and hope to welcome you back to your new London home in the near future.

Thank you again.