Reviews (1 736)
1 736 results
All reviews hyde park conservatory suite ceiling fan tube station central line kensington gardens bus stop full english breakfast oxford street marble arch fantastic location persian paddington furnishings
61 - 66 of 1 736 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

If you just need cheap accommodation in London with zero expectations then London Elizabeth could be a place to stay. Otherwise besides of the location, there is not much about it - and I stayed at a suite room... WiFi never ever worked and staff did not do anything about it even though they were well aware of it. Sometimes there was also big language barrier with staff even though they were trying to be helpful. Unless you have no other choice, I would not recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank mareala
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Tiny, tiny room, with no room to wheel even a carry-on suitcase round the bed. Bathroom floor sloped, frayed carpet in hall, wobby table, chipped veneer on bedside table and on bathroom cabinet. Some kind of grungy stuff on bedspread.

Location was great, but the room itself was definitely not four-star, as advertised. If it had been much, much cheaper it would have been acceptable, but at this price not.

Room Tip: My room was on 4th floor. Avoid!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank ThickDescription
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

If I could give this a 0 I would. I went for afternoon tea with my mum and it was nothing like was advertised. First of all, the sandwiches were composed of stale bread and a meagre filling. The scones were quite clearly frozen and had been defrosted in a microwave as they were piping hot. However, when I attempted to cut into one, it was as hard as a rock. The pastries were pathetic, tiny little shrivelled up things! You’d get better quality treats from a local shop. When we complained they offered us a free glass of processo as an apology, which was supposed to come with the afternoon tea offer they had on! Having asked for our money back, the staff were extremely rude and completely unhelpful. The woman dealing with us was smirking the whole time. Quite frankly, she was totally unprofessional and her attitude was appalling. Be advised... do NOT go here! It will ruin your day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank pdrumm758
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Great location and the pictures on the web pages look fab, we were delighted with this choice of base for our trip to London.
Unfortunately, it was immediately evident the photographs were decades old and the hotel has not had a penny spent on it for many years (confirmed by the staff we complained to). Our first room was in the basement, and was disgusting - wallpaper hanging off, lights not working, the bathroom was full of damp and the bath was black with grime. Immediately complained and despite being told hotel was full when pushed another room was found.
Thankfully on ground floor, so some natural light, but hardly a marked improvement and nothing like the pictures in the web pages. Lights not working, bathroom floor tiles loose, mold and dirt around the bath taps and a broken toilet seat. The staff tried their best with no other rooms their hands were tied.
The breakfast was no better. Advertised as continental with a range of muesli- what was available was boiled eggs a few slices of dried up cheese and French bread, porridge that had the consistency of cement (and color) the only cereal being cornflakes and coco pops.
This is without a doubt the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and there is no way it can be classed as 4 star. Stay here at your own peril!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bazzer08
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Very dissatisfied that I booked this through top secret hotels, whom I’ve always trusted and booked many hotels through!

Normally you get a ‘top secret’ 4/5 star hotel much cheaper....NOT THIS TIME AND I WONT BOOK THROUGH THEM AGAIN.
The hotel Elizabeth though greatly positioned is run down with down at heeel rooms and bathrooms, believe me, we moved room three times.

It obviously hasn’t been touched sine the 70’s/80’s

Expect a “no sorry, not possible to move rooms, we are very busy”....
My partner insisted and we were shown two other rooms....that previously they claimed they didn’t have?

We were given a suite, must have once been magnificent, but dated and neglected, though I was grateful that eventually they did cinched to this as I had a client meeting..

Needs investment