“Anniversary Trip”

Northern Belle
Ranked #108 of 770 Tours in London
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Evoking the opulent "Belles" of the 1930s, this luxurious yet intimate train explores Britain's most beautiful countryside. The superb on-board cuisine is created using locally sourced specialities, all paired with fine wines and Champagnes. The wide variety of day trips includes visits to destinations such as Edinburgh, Bath and the Lake District, and events including Ladies' Day at Ascot and the Chelsea Flower Show. Departures from more than 65 stations around the UK.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Reviewed 29 May 2018

My husband and I traveled on the Northern Belle as a 30th anniversary gift. We had a superb day, one we will always remember. The service and food were excellent. An expensive day but worth it for something special.

2  Thank melonyfoy
"five hours"
in 8 reviews
"recommend this trip"

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and myself travelled on May 10th to bodnant gardens from Watford junction. What an amazing day it was right from the start. We were in the Warwick carriage and the staff were amazing. The food was as good as any we have had in a Michelin started restaurant in fact even better. The organisation was perfect with coaches waiting to pick us up at Llandudno. The staff went over and beyond what you would expect and the train is wonderful and beautifully ornate. If I gave a complaint it is that they don’t do enough trips from our part of the country or we would be on most of them. If I could give it more stars then I would

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we have been on the northern belle. With an upcoming significant birthday I decided that we will join this again.

Hubby and I travelled from Glasgow to balmoral castle. We were in chatsworth this time round and Emma, our lead steward is just simply perfect!

I had some issues with cutlery and glasses (things do happen in threes) and Emma resolved all issues without any hassles! Her customer service skill was just simply perfect. Simple gestures helped and made it a great day.

The food was an absolutely delight and the trip was well organised. We got onto the coaches and guides were very well informed as well.

Absolutely perfect and most memorable trip. Thanks and you have a great team!

1  Thank Monkey168
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous day out.
New recruit Ally (Alastair) was simply fantastic, looked after us with magnificent precision attention to detail and courtesy
Food was plentiful and sublime
Truly wonderful day

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Last weekend I was treated to a very special birthday treat - a trip on the fantastic Pullman train decorated in the bygone era of the 1930s.

We selected the Spirit of Travel Lunch. A round trip onboard the train departing from Birmingham International Train Station and returning approx. 5 hours later. The train pulls up, and the 5* treatment begins. Stewards roll out the red carpet, beautifully embroidered with the carriage name. After some snaps - we are shown to our seats in the Alnwick Carriage.

The table is wonderfully laid out. Crisp white linen, silver crockery, lovely cut glassware and bespoke China dishes. The steward settles us and pours us each a glass of Laurent-Perrier Champagne. Hubby has spoilt me with a bottle waiting on the table too :). The train pulls off and our journey is underway.

All the onboard employees are friendly and deliver excellent service. Every person (staff) was aware it was a special celebration outing and each came round to chat and congratulate me. Even the travelling musician's. Just adored their music. When you sit back in the luxurious chairs, close your eyes and drift away to the sound...you can just feel yourself entering a bygone era. Oh take me back..... The magician was brilliant. Card trick was good, but we are still flamuxed as to how he got the cross onto hubby's hand as he was standing next to me when he did the trick.....

Now for the food. Oh my goodness. OUTSTANDING. Every course was really really good. Lunch Menu:
*Glazed ham hock sphere with chunky piccalilli and mixed leaf salad
*Summer pea soup with parsley creme fraiche and rape seed oil
*Herb crusted lamb, braised shoulder and boulangere potatoes with ratatouille, tenderstem broccoli, roast bay carrot and minted lamb sauce
*Northern Belle great British cheeseboard with selection of chutney and biscuits
*Rhubarb and Frangipane tartlet with English custard
*Coffee and Tea with Petit Fours

What a luscious treat!!!! A MUST do in my eyes. Oh I cannot recommend this trip highly enough!!!!! Unbelievable experience!!!

1  Thank CelestePienaar