“Always fantastic.”

Ranked #1 of 1 851 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The National Gallery houses the national collection of paintings in the Western European tradition from the 13th to the 19th centuries. It is on show 361 days a year, free of charge.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I never miss an opportunity to visit the National Gallery. Recently visited and thought how wonderfully presented all of it was. Staff are always courteous and some have been pleasant and helpful where necessary. I always try to visit mid week to avoid the crowds, though it can still be very busy. Beautiful building.

Write a ReviewReviews (35 603)
All reviews
"couple of hours"
in 287 reviews

1 427 - 1 431 of 35 604 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Hundreds of years of art in dozens of rooms. All our grandchildren loved it, The cafe in the place served very good lunches.

1  Thank john w
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were blown away by our visit - staff all very professional and courteous - coffee shop and shop both great and lovely clean toilets. But those were just the basics. The museum and galleries and the simply magnificent artworks were worth a thousand visits and we can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Monet is my favourite artist so couldn't miss seeing this exhibition. There were many paintings I had never seen before & was amazed by how close you could get to them although they are better viewed from a distance. Would have liked there to have been more paintings as it seemed expensive for 90 minutes of viewing slowly. Although I could spend all day looking at Monet paintings.
Found a few more around the Gallery as well as Van Gogh's Sunflowers which I wasn't aware this painting was here.
The building in itself is beautiful to look at. I would advise keeping track of where you are as it is easy to walk from one gallery to another and before you know it you've lost your bearings!