“So much to see!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$77,54*
and up
Small-Group Guided Tour of the National Gallery...
Ranked #1 of 1 871 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The National Gallery houses the national collection of paintings in the Western European tradition from the 13th to the 19th centuries. It is on show 361 days a year, free of charge.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were blown away by our visit - staff all very professional and courteous - coffee shop and shop both great and lovely clean toilets. But those were just the basics. The museum and galleries and the simply magnificent artworks were worth a thousand visits and we can’t wait to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (33 743)
All reviews
"couple of hours"
in 284 reviews

266 - 270 of 33 751 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Monet is my favourite artist so couldn't miss seeing this exhibition. There were many paintings I had never seen before & was amazed by how close you could get to them although they are better viewed from a distance. Would have liked there to have been more paintings as it seemed expensive for 90 minutes of viewing slowly. Although I could spend all day looking at Monet paintings.
Found a few more around the Gallery as well as Van Gogh's Sunflowers which I wasn't aware this painting was here.
The building in itself is beautiful to look at. I would advise keeping track of where you are as it is easy to walk from one gallery to another and before you know it you've lost your bearings!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We could have spent a whole day here, although we only had about 3 hours total. I would have rated a 5 for the art, but the audioguide was confusing, and, we had a very rude waiter at the restaurant in the gallery.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went here with my partner on the first May bank holiday weekend. This is a great place to spend an hour or so looking around at some amazing art. Such a variety on display and there is always something different to see. Free to visit but if you can a donation will keep it free.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very dissapointed because I was visiting London with a cabin luggage with 4 wheels and the hotel I stayed in was too far to leave the luggage until later on. Basically at the entrance it shows that you are allowed with a luggage size 45x25x25 and not bigger. I asked the staff and mine was slightly bigger, but the problem was the 4 wheels not the size. Not happy about it.