Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
irishockey
Cincinnati, Ohio

Charming hotel in a great location

Review of Number Sixteen
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 May 2024
My sister, niece and I travelled for a quick stay in London. After days in France sharing rooms and apartments, we were looking for a quiet place with private rooms. Number Sixteen offers 4 single rooms and we were lucky enough to reserve 3 of them for the dates we needed. The hotel is in a perfect location on a street around the corner from the South Kensington tube station and near to pubs and other restaurants. Our rooms were adorable, twin+ beds, small closet, desk and bathroom (think cruise ship size!). Comfortable and charming. The hotel offers breakfast and afternoon tea both indoors and in their gorgeous back garden and there are also two lovely parlors inside with an "honesty bar" for drink and snacks. I also fell in love with the Kit Kemp toiletries offered in our room and wished I'd had room in my luggage to bring home with me. Savoring the hand lotion and linen spray left for us to enjoy that I brought home with fond memories of a lovely stay.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Small lift onsite but you may still need to use stairs to access some rooms, help provided for...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    R 838
    R 867
5.8 km from Number Sixteen
View more hotels in London
All reviews south kensington firmdale hotels kit kemp boutique hotel decorated differently single room home away from home comfortable beds breakfast room public areas quiet street knightsbridge furnishings heathrow
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 April 2024

Adorable hotel, great location, wonderful staff. I stayed in a single room and it was small and absolutely perfect. Enjoyed breakfast and tea in the restaurant and both were delicious. Great location near the South Kensington Underground stop. Front desk staff were all very helpful. Would definitely go back!

Room tip: The single room is perfect for one person. Definitely small, but no detail is ignored. The room was beautiful and felt very quaint.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JulieC126
Reviewed 29 March 2024

When we retired from London 7 years ago Number Sixteen absolutely became our VERY HAPPY Home-from-Home. Then our daughter bought a London house ... but, with another baby just arrived, we’re London-homeless again. But No, not really:-

Back at Number Sixteen we’re better-than-faultlessly “back-home again”.
Those 7 years later, and despite all that those 7 years has meant, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about Number Sixteen remains perfect, even better than 7 years ago if that’s possible.
1) Of course the whole place and “feel” is great, faultlessly and fun-illy designed and charmingly homey, much more like a friendly club than a hotel. So 11-out-of-10 for that: the food, my grand-daughter’s surprise and unasked-for little Birthday-cake, the garden, the coy-carp, the honesty-bar and all-else.
But really it’s ...
2) The staff. ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE OF WHOM deserves at least 12-out-of-10, so let’s say an overall average 13 for all the staff but, in case that’s unlucky, let’s say 15-out-of-10.
(What this really means, surely, is a REAL thumbs-up to the Kemps. Years ago I asked a staff-member in Quaglino’s how Conran got his staff there to be so nice? Was it immaculate staff-training or what was the secret? “No”, was the very surprising reply, “We’re all TERRIFIED of him”. If that’s how it’s done the Kemp’s must be terrifying QUITE BEYOND BELIEF!
But I very-much-indeed suspect that’s perhaps not how they achieve such magic.)

So Thank You yet-again Number Sixteen.
Yours is a QUITE REMARKABLE achievement.

Room tip: Go!
Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank FussyUs
Reviewed 6 December 2023

always welcoming, always safe, happy, luxurious, well-cared for when I stay at No. 16

comfy single room, lovely breakfast, staff are just fabulous, each and every one of them. I always enjoy staying her, I always enjoy coming back

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Jude R
Reviewed 8 November 2023

Went for dinner at the restaurant. Lovely calming environment both inside and out door spaces. The staff from reception and the restaurant staff were very good and very professional and knowledgeable in their conduct.
The food was very delicious and of high standard from the starter, main, dessert and the cocktails.
Will be back any time.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2023

Travelling alone, I feel safe here, and so well cared for. When I come to work in London for a couple of days this is home. I love the snug but perfectly formed single rooms, I love the dinner choices, I love the breakfast, but most of all I feel totally cared for by the staff, who remember personal details, who will do anything to help. Particular thanks to Roland the concierge for working so hard to find me at I. Thanks to all. I look forward already to my autumn trip.

Date of stay: June 2023