Reviews (4 260)
4 260 results
3 449
3 449
All reviews rivoli bar afternoon tea the palm court jacket and tie dinner dance sandwiches and cakes green park birthday treat bottle of champagne turn down service junior suite beautiful room buckingham palace doorman cloakroom luxury concierge
372 - 377 of 4 260 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The ultimate treat! A friend and I visit London once a year and decided to treat ourselves to a 5 star hotel this time, all our expectations were met or exceeded.
We had a luxurious, stylish, spacious room with comfortable armchairs facing a handsome marble fireplace, sumptuous fabrics, extensive wardrobes and a super, marble bathroom with luxury toiletries, numerous large, fluffy towels, robes and plush slippers.
The public areas are fabulously decadent, fragrant with the stunning flower arrangements and every member of staff greeted us with a smile. Buffet breakfast in the spectacular dining room was extensive and beautifully displayed, service very charming and unstuffy. The Rivoli Bar is striking with its Art Deco features, wood panelling, golden highlights and Lalique glass panels, offering wonderful cocktails and nibbles.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Sal_General_Manager, General Manager at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Jan,

I am delighted that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay when visiting The Ritz London. Your kind words regarding both the hotel décor and of our staff are great to hear and I truly hope we are able to welcome you both back again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited The Ritz on a number of occasions for afternoon tea and it’s always such an amazing experience. Our last visit was on Mother’s Day, and as usual everything was up to the usual excellent standard, delicious food and exceptional service. Always recommend and look forward to our next visit.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sal_General_Manager, General Manager at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear M11211,

Thank you for your wonderful support of The Ritz, it is always our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The customer service from booking onwards was superb.

Waiters were so attentive and we were made to feel special. When I couldn't decide on my tea I was given an extra teapot to try a cup just in case.

The sandwiches were ok, the scones were delicious and pastries very sweet but nice. I was surprised to see another dessert trolley come around with chocolate torte cake and Apple slice cake. We had the options to top up sandwiches and pastries.

I think you should allow customers to takeaway their leftovers rather than waste food. I was disappointed that this was not the case. Apart from this small point, I can not fault the experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Surrinder,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent visit to The Palm Court. I am sorry that you were disappointed because you were unable to take your unfinished cakes home. Unfortunately, from experience, we have learned, as most of our Afternoon Tea products contain highly perishable ingredients and many of our guests will travel great distances to dine at The Ritz, it would result in them being kept in unrefrigerated conditions for several hours; thus providing food safety implications. I understand that this procedure maybe frustrating to some; however, this policy was created as we take all areas of customer Health, Safety and Welfare very seriously. The implementation of this policy has eradicated the complaints of sickness, which I am sure you can appreciate is important to all concerned.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The best lunch ever! Fabulous service in an amazing room with food cooked perfectly! What more could we ask for???? Will be returning as soon as we have saved up for it.
Also the loos were spotless and the pianist very patient X

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to The Ritz Restaurant. I am very pleased to hear that your experience was truly 5 star and that it was met with the very high standards which we so pride ourselves upon.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The weekend at the Ritz was a special present for me as a celebration of one of those scary milestone birthdays. The Ritz experience started when we were greeted outside by the commissionaire on arrival. We were very impressed with our suite, with so much attention to detail, from the beautiful umbrellas resplendent with silver lion heads, to tasselled "Do not disturb" notices, everything bearing the Ritz monogram. There was even a birthday card and cake (complete with candle) from the management on the table in our lounge. Having explored the hall, lounge, bedroom and huge marble bathroom, we got changed and headed for the Rivoli Bar, our table having been reserved for us by reception. The decor there is amazing, Art Deco , Lalique, very Orient Express! After a glass of champagne, we headed to the restaurant for the Live at The Ritz dinner dance. The food was fantastic, not a wine list, but a wine book, the service was impeccable and both the music and the professional dancers superb. And yes, we did have a dance ourselves. Breakfast on both days was very impressive too and we made a return visit to the Rivoli Bar for cocktails, and of course, more champagne.
The Ritz is ideally situated for theatres, shops (Fortnum and Mason is just a stone's throw away), and places of interest, such as Buckingham Palace. We opted for Apsley House ("Number 1 London") and the Wellington Arch.
In all the snow, The Ritz was definitely the best place to be!! I felt thoroughly spoilt, thanks to my lovely partner Ken for arranging such a fantastic weekend and thanks to The Ritz for making it so memorable, in such luxurious surroundings, being pampered by such professional staff, who did everything possible to make it so perfect.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra R

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us here at The Ritz, and for choosing to spend such a wonderful occasion with us!

I am so very pleased to hear that your stay with us lived up to the very high expectations upon which the hotel prides itself on. The team at The Ritz are what sets us apart from other five star hotels in Central London and I will be sure to extend your kind words regarding their friendly and efficient service to them.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.