“Beautiful Museum with exhibits for everyone”

V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum
Ranked #5 of 1 851 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The world's greatest museum of art and design.The V&A's collections are unrivalled in their diversity. Explore historical and contemporary art and design, including works of art from many of the world's richest cultures. Admission free.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve heard many great things about this world renowned museum and yet still exceeded my expectations. It’s an easy subway ride or a beautiful walk through the Kensington Gardens depending on where you are staying. If you are traveling with someone it could be worthwhile to purchase a membership. Many of the exhibit halls are free. However, some of the most incredible exhibitions you must pay per person. If you go to more than 2, you can save money with a membership. You get access to a special lounge for lunch and cocktails as well as 10% off in the gift shop. I really had wanted to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit and I did not realize it was booked 7 weeks out. By becoming members we got to go in and see it that day as well as the Fashioned from Nature exhibit. They were both spectacular. I wish I had more time to spend another day there.

1  Thank Caitlin Grace M
Write a ReviewReviews (28 256)
All reviews
"centuries"
in 233 reviews

1 266 - 1 270 of 28 262 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Superb museum and a must see if you like history and learnings . Need at least a full day to do justice .

1  Thank Manusha2012
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We have been to the V&A before, but only had one hour for this visit. It's great. You can go through just as much as you want (free, except for special exhibits). And there isn't an overwhelming amount of any one thing. We like the variety.

1  Thank lncclc
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My daughter and I are not museum fans so we zipped through this since it is free. My favorite exhibit was the clothing exhibit. We also enjoyed watching the kiddies wading in the large pool area on the patio, where we ogled the architecture of this Victorian era building. Worth a quick visit even if you are not a museum fan.

1  Thank Robin T