“Very expensive ”

Ranked #565 of 1 816 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let your imagination soar as you explore the wonderful riches of underwater life, from the beautiful coral reefs of the Indian Ocean to the dark, mysterious depths of the Atlantic and Pacific. During your visit be sure to take in a feed or two! There are animal feeds taking place throughout the day in different areas of the attraction so you can see for yourself just how sharp a Piranhas teeth are, what a Seahorse eats and how many fish it takes to satisfy a hungry Gentoo Penguin! Every feed is accompanied by a family-friendly, fact-filled talk by a member of our Guest Experience team; To ensure that you leave with a head filled with amazing discoveries and cool creature facts! Talk and feed times are subject to change. To be sure you won't miss a thing, please enquire about your favourite animal feed on entry.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We recently visited the sea life aquarium, it was £88 for a family of four. We were told we could have got it cheaper if we had booked online but it wasn’t something we had planned to do. The place itself is ok but nothing special. Our daughters did enjoy it and particularly liked the penguins. There aren’t really a lot of interactive things for them to do and it was really busy as it was the start of the Easter holidays. We have been to other aquariums that do seem to be a lot better.

SLLAquarium, Product Excellence at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear claire0114,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review regarding your recent experience at SEA LIFE London.

I am sorry to hear that you felt that the admission pricing was a bit expensive. We are constantly striving to make the attraction bigger and more exciting, such as the 'Rainforest Adventure' that has just recently opened where you can brave the bugs, as well as Ocean Invaders which opened last year where you can enter the exciting world of jellyfish. In addition, we do have tickets advertised online prior to visit, which are normally cheaper, depending on when you visit, and how in advance you book.

We do apologise if you felt that there was not enough interactive features. We do have talks that do happen through the day, as well as a Rockpool where you can touch a starfish. We hope that you were able to experience this during your visit.

If you would like to discuss your feedback, please do contact us directly at sllondon@merlinentertainments.biz.

Kind Regards,
Luke
Product Excellence
SEA LIFE London | County Hall | Westminster Bridge Road | SE1 7PB

Write a ReviewReviews (5 668)
All reviews
"seahorse"
in 56 reviews

61 - 65 of 5 667 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I pre booked 2 tickets and a ranger pack for today but booked later by accident. My 6year old and I attended at 0930 this morning to ask if we could enter on the 0945 slot still available. I accept this was my mistake however the only 2 staff on Easter Monday had no real idea where I needed to be or what I needed to do. I was sent outside to the queue twice and then sent back for approx 15 minutes. I do not know when it happened but I had my purse at 0935 and went back inside to queue again. After getting no where, there being limited staff in the main foyer and only 2 people serving on 4 tills, we left and decided to take our pre booked slot to save the hassle. It was then that I found my purse had been stolen from my bag. Whilst this us no member of staff fault, there was no security in the foyer during this time and only 1 staff member (a polite young black girl). When I reported the theft i was left crying with my son in the foyer in front of everyone. I wasn't shown to a quiet area of any thing with an upset child also. The security team came after approx 10-15 mins of waiting and I asked them to call the police. This was difficult for them to and I had to go this. I was then told they would probably not come any way and the thrives probably only wanted my money! The point of this review is that there was no where near enough staff for the visit of numbers esp in school holidays, it was disorganised chaos and the service to a woman and young child was dreadful. Even when they knew I had no means to get anywhere (until a lovely family face us £20 after seeing the distress! If this family is you please message as I am so grateful).
This is a prime location for thieves and even being vigilant didn't help me. The foyer is cramped when busy and it's very easy to have something stolen. I had every penny, merlin passes and bank card taken today. Until it improves we wouldn't return due to the experience today and yes the police did get told and have a record do be careful

2  Thank Tamarijn06
SLLAquarium, Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Tamarijn06

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to SEA LIFE London.

We have passed on your comments to our management team who will deal with this directly with you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a horrific day out! We bought our ticket as part of a deal (five for £55) which was great but Merlin have clearly way way oversold the amount of tickets!
It was hugely dangerous as the crowds of people pushing and shoving made the experience displeasurable.
Before entering we queued outside for twenty minutes or so then we queued inside for another probably forty minutes (not sure what the point of having a time a lot is!)
Once inside you couldn’t see any of the tanks as the hoards of people were in front of them! The ‘fast track’ advised by the lady on the microphone meant you had to walk past without seeing/stopping/looking at the fish in the tunnel.
What’s the point in fast tracking to miss things?!
No chance of seeing the penguins as the people were ten deep.
I took photos which I’d be happy to share with the relevant people to show just how crowded and dangerous the place was. I get that as it’s a bank holiday weekend it’s going to be busy but this was beyond ridiculous!

Dear VFranklin ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent experience at SEA LIFE London.

I do apologise if you felt disappointed about the guest volume during your visit. On certain days, such as the holiday, we do have a higher guest volume than usual. Please be rest assured though that we do limit the amount of guests that can go in the aquarium at any one time, and this is monitored through time-allocating tickets for example. The purpose of time-slotting tickets is to account for the number of guests who are in the aquarium, and to ensure that there is only a certain amount of guests in the aquarium at any one time. We do have a variety of ticket packages that our guests are more than welcome to take advantage of, such as 'Print@Home/Mobile' tickets and 'Fastrack' tickets. Once inside, our guests are more than welcome to take their time around the aquarium during our normal opening hours. With regards to the Ocean Tunnel, we do currently have a system in place during busy periods whereby guests can either go in the 'Fastrack' lane or the slower lane to take photos without using flash, as some guests may want to take their time during this section, whereas others may want to go through this section to explore the rest of the aquarium, and see our other wonderful creatures.

Kind Regards,
Luke
Product Excellence
SEA LIFE London | County Hall | Westminster Bridge Road | SE1 7PB

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to the Aquarium on Good Friday, partially to keep out of the rain. After waiting 1.5 hours (30 minutes in the rain) on a queue we were finally able to buy a ticket - only to be told there would be a timed entry in 30 more minutes and that we would need to continue to wait in the rain. There was no reason not to let this additional wait be known before buying tickets - except obviously to sell the tickets- very deceptive. The queues for the prepaid tickets had three sales people while the one for those buying tickets had 1 person. Someone in management needs to evaluate this system. I have now shared my experience with my son who will be in London in a few months - he thanked me for the warning and will find other things to do with my grandson.
After getting inside, the aquarium was nice. The new rainforest exhibit was marginal.

SLLAquarium, Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Beth W

Thank you for leaving us a review on your most recent visit to SEA LIFE London.

We are exceptionally busy during the Easter holidays and the demand for tickets is very high. However, do to the health and safety of our staff and guests and for the overall guest experience once inside we do limit the amount of people we admit by allocating a time slot during these periods which is the same for the majority of attractions along the South Bank. We do have staff manning every queue line during our peak hours and they are informing guests of the process for time slots as well as on screen signage at our main entrance so I do apologise if this was not the case on the day of your visit.

Once inside our ticket office we do have three separate queue lines which serve all ticket types (Merlin Annual Passes, Priority and General Admission) and we do have as many as possible open to serve our general admission queue but we do have to consider the amount of prebook tickets we have so we do not exceed our daily allocation which is why the wait for walk up tickets may have been extended.

I am glad to hear that once inside the aquarium that you did have a good time. We are really proud of our new Rainforest Adventure and very excited to bring some weird and wonderful creatures that much closer to our guests.

If you do wish to get in contact with us further please do email us on SLLondon@merlinentertainments.biz

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with my family as part of a birthday celebration. Had a pre-booked time slot but the queue was extremely unorganised with staff having no control. There were no indications to which time slot was being admitted and we were left to stand to the side in the pouring rain to wait.
Once inside the experience was spoilt by other visitors having no awareness of who was around them and blocking access to a lot of exhibits.
The lack of staff inside meant that there was no organisation and no way to manoeuvre around easily.
When we finally foind our way out we were left to carry our wheelchair down a flight of steps.
Having been here previously I was looking forward to coming here but felt that the visit left us feeling angry and put a downer on the day.

Dear SPW1979

Thank you for leaving us a review on your most recent visit to SEA LIFE London.

As we are in our high season over Easter, demand for tickets is very high and this in turn draws a large volume of people to our attraction. We do limit the amount of people we allow to enter by allocating a timeslot to each of our guests to alleviate the congestion when inside.

We do ask guests to arrive for their timeslots on time and unfortunately we cannot allow entry to those who have arrived before their allocated time, hence why there were lots of people on the south bank that day. We do have staff manning all queue lines and on site security to answer any questions or concerns you may have had on the day.

Once again I do thank you for your review and apologise if you feel the service you expected was not received on the day of your visit. If you wish to discuss this further please do email us at SLLondon@merlinentertainments.biz