Open today: 09:00 - 16:30

3 478
37 931
14 735
3 478
All reviews beefeater tour crown jewels are yeoman warder anne boleyn guided tour english history lots of history amazing history steeped in history free tour london pass beefeaters ravens poppies crowns moat prisoners
1 992 - 1 997 of 57 047 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

From William I forward this has been an integral part of pre-Georgian history. Very well maintained and the Crown Jewels are spectacular.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

An interactive way to learn about our history; good for people of all ages. It was very interesting to see the crown jewels, and other artifacts. The personal radios that tell you about things all over the site are worth it!

2  Thank bayleedubois
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Yes, it is busy in warm summer months, like now, so I suggest going after 1530. I would recommend the audio guide, making it all a lot more real. The views all around on the outer wall are stupendous. Instead of rushing off to see the Crown Jewels (to me, the least interesting part of this amazing complex), do the full parameter of the Tower walls, the medieval palace, and the White Chapel. Take the time to see and read all the different prisoner stone wall inscriptions - very moving. The views to the Shard, the Tower Bridge and the river Thames are spectacular, making this one of the most historic and photogenic landmarks in London. At the moment there is an exhibition (including sculptures throughout the Tower complex) of wild animals at the Tower through the centuries.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Lots of people hard to move around Beefeaters guided tour to many people. The swords armor all interesting. You can almost feel what it must’ve been like.

1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Upon entering the gates look to your left and try to join the tour given by a Beefeater. I went on a Wednesday and the crowds were very heavy. The tour had about 60 people all trying to hear our guide. Since I cannot stand for long stretches of time, I left the tour and struck out on my own. I wanted to see the Crown Jewels but the line to enter that building stretched the length of that building around the corner and the length of the next block! I know you are on a moving sidewalk and only spend a few minutes looking at the jewels, so I skipped that line. Then I went to the White Tower to see the armoury. This is worth doing, except they warn you there are 202 steps involved in the tour. And there are at least that many if not more! I enjoyed seeing the armor and swords of several kings of England. And chuckled at the size of Henry VIII codpiece. Be sure to see the ravens and visit a shop. Note the archers around the moat..

1  Thank YoungatheartFl