“Loved it”

Ranked #10 of 1 839 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of London's most famous landmarks, the historic Tower houses the Crown Jewels, the prison cell of Sir Walter Raleigh, known as the Bloody Tower, and the Chapel of St. John and the Royal Armories.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Lots of people hard to move around Beefeaters guided tour to many people. The swords armor all interesting. You can almost feel what it must’ve been like.

1  Thank Robert H
Write a ReviewReviews (57 147)
All reviews
"prisoners"
in 603 reviews

2 072 - 2 076 of 57 149 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Upon entering the gates look to your left and try to join the tour given by a Beefeater. I went on a Wednesday and the crowds were very heavy. The tour had about 60 people all trying to hear our guide. Since I cannot stand for long stretches of time, I left the tour and struck out on my own. I wanted to see the Crown Jewels but the line to enter that building stretched the length of that building around the corner and the length of the next block! I know you are on a moving sidewalk and only spend a few minutes looking at the jewels, so I skipped that line. Then I went to the White Tower to see the armoury. This is worth doing, except they warn you there are 202 steps involved in the tour. And there are at least that many if not more! I enjoyed seeing the armor and swords of several kings of England. And chuckled at the size of Henry VIII codpiece. Be sure to see the ravens and visit a shop. Note the archers around the moat..

1  Thank YoungatheartFl
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is the crown jewel of London! Not to mention, the crown jewels are actually here on display! What's not to love about this visit? Castle, prison, burial site, jewels, royal residence! This place is amazing.

1  Thank Katy T
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had a lovely day here, plenty to see and do. Tickets were 29.50 which I didn't think was too bad as you could spend all day there. If you want to see the Crown Jewels I would get there early as the ques soon build up. Lots of history to learn and very friendly staff.

1  Thank TraceyL1484
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We arrived at 2.30pm which didn't give us enough time to look around the whole site although we did queue for a while to see the crown jewels which in my opinion have to be seen & I would have queued for longer.
There are many different buildings within the site all with their own history. I didn't see many information boards although there were some with basic information. If we'd had time we would have had a tour with one of the Yeoman & then I'm sure we would have learnt more.
A very interesting place to visit with far more history to it than I realised.