“Chai just tastes of pepper”
Review of Chai Guys

Chai Guys
Get food delivered
Ranked #14 408 of 23 646 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Reading all the reviews below perhaps I was unlucky but was beyond disappointed by the vegan chai from this place. Am a massive chai drinker and so on entering spitalfields and smelling the aroma of chai in the air it was a given that I would be buying some. My purchase tasted overwhelming of pepper without the delicate balance of a good chai.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 16 January 2021

I ordered the £45 kit as a gift for my friend, and did not recieve this in the packaging that they advertise on site/instagram. I emailed them too and no reply, and shared my shock and horror with packaging received on instagram. Now instead of getting a sorry or explanation they immediately messaged me to be 'kinder' to them and they dont care if i dont recommend them, and claiming they did tell me the packaging will not be as represented. Turns out, they were wrong as they never sent me any emails to 'declare this', and they really dont care about customer opinions. The tea is not worth the money, and the karak chai is not strong enough (leaves arent measured correctly). We also did not receive QR code they speak of, on how to make their jar of 'tea'., luckily it is written on the tin. Fair to say im sticking to my Chaiiwala, and Chapati & Karak where the tea and the service is impeccable!

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

I LOVE this place!
I don’t even work near it but I drive in as often as I can just to pick up tea.
It’s the best Chai tea In London without a doubt.
The people who work here are super friendly and always happy for you to sample some of the other tea’s.
Please please please try the Vegan Chai. You will not regret it!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

We’re regular customers of Chai Guys (as well as regular drinkers of chai in general) and they, hands down, do the best chai in London!

I’m a huge fan of the pink Kashimiri chai (albeit it’s a bit of an acquired taste!) which is so unusual and utterly delicious. The service here is always fantastic as well - all of the staff are super nice (and if you don’t know which chai you want to try, they’re very happy to let you taste test them first!).

I couldn’t recommend them more!

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank phoebes424
Reviewed 19 September 2020 via mobile

Amazing chai. If like me you’ve spent a lot of time in India and you want to find the real thing (alright not as inexpensive but think about the rates they’re paying to Spitalfields) then you’ll find it here. And frankly, great value in the context of U.K. prices. Highly recommend you check this place out.

Date of visit: September 2020