“Good - but room for improvement ”
Review of JW Steakhouse

JW Steakhouse
Ranked #761 of 24 997 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$36 - US$86
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely celebratory meal here and ordered a halal streak in advance. It was a great atmosphere and the front of house reception was very welcoming.

However our waitress was quite abrupt. But she did check if we were okay at regular intervals which was good - but a smile goes a long way!

Our steak had to be sent back as it was too rare and it appeared slightly burnt when we got it back. Nevertheless we ate it and the steak did taste nice once I had removed the superficial burnt layer.

When booking the halal steak we should have been informed if we wanted halal peppercorn sauce that this should be ordered in advance as well, but we were not told so we had to settle for garlic butter which was not our sauce of choice. So we did not enjoy our steak to the best we could have.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

In London to celebrate my big 50 so had to return to my favourite Bourbon and steak bar
Started as usual with an old fashioned whilst I browsed the ever growing Bourbon menu with expert guidance from both Robbie and Palo
My wife was well looked after with cocktails and an old favourite that's no longer on the menu was made especially for her
The high light was a very rare Buffalo Trace with a bottle of my favourite Wild Turkey being opened and a couple of measures enjoyed
Food as ever was perfect with the Kansas Strip Steak for me and. Mushroom Stroganoff for my wife
See you again next time we visit as it is my got to place on any visit for business or pleasure

1  Thank Darren H
Reviewed 15 March 2018

This is a typical JW Steakhouse where you are guaranteed the same high quality steak and sides everywhere in the world. It is also in one of the best hotels in London, Gosvenor House.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I would count JW as the most reliable American steakhouse in London. Service was efficient and friendly. The appetisers are large and great for sharing. The NY strip was perfectly cooked. The apple pie a la mode was excellent.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Really great dinner, pretty good value for money too. Definitely recommended! Best steaks in london?

1  Thank Kurt Q