Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$410
Reviews (2 128)
2 128 results
1 210
1 210
All reviewsclapham junctionshuttle servicebanyan restaurantfree shuttlenile suiteclapham commonamazon roomiqbal latifthames viewjacuzzi bathbattersea parkfloor to ceiling windowshuge bathroomkings roadhotel gueststhe hotel offersamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
12 - 17 of 2 128 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my partner had arrived, the young man at reception checked us in with no problem. We went to our room, decent sized room but the only problem was that it was a rather large room so we had to wait till midnight for the room to eventually get some heat. The water in the shower/sink just didn’t seem to get hot either which was annoying as the room was freezing cold. The restaurant was lovely, the food was delicious. There was an Albanian lady who works in the restaurant who was our server, she was very lovely and approachable. The lady at the reception on check out was day was very rude and unresponsive. I was very happy to be coming home that day.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our sons purchased a Wowcher deal for us for one night with dinner and we booked an extra night. Our room was very spacious but a road view, but we really didn’t mind as we were out and about all day. Huge bathroom and all spotlessly clean. Lovely robes, slippers, fluffy towels, White company toiletries, a proper hairdryer, well stocked minibar & tea/coffee. The hotel is a way out, but we downloaded the Uber App and it was brilliant & saved a lot of money. Our meal in the Banyan tree was superb, we couldn’t fault it. A lovely stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debbie-woottonb
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations.
The staff were friendly and helpful and even the free shuttle driver had a smile. Everywhere was clean and the facilities in the room were fantastic. Cocktails in bar were excellent and the breakfast was superb .. with top quality products and produce.
Can't wait to visit again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Denise C
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Disgusting customer service. Hotel is far from a 5Star.
Dirty gowns in room. Room service came wrapped in tin foil. No complementary water. No biscuits. Overpriced mini bar.
But the main concern was my gold bracelet got stolen out of my room just after using the spa.
The lady asked me to remove jewels I placed in my dressing gown. Went back to the room to change. Went for lunch at 1:30 came back to room. No jewellery.
Hotel refused to believe I entered the hotel with jewellery to begin with. Even after showing them photos of me with my gold bracelet on the day before in Westminster.
They accused me of doing an insurance claim. They told me it was my own fault for wearing jewellery and anything over the value of £250 has to be declared to the general manager when checkin in. My bracelet cost £550 the same price as my hotel room. Why would I be doing an insurance scam on £500. To be honest the bracelet wasn't even insured. My trainers cost £500 so I needed to inform the general manager about my trainers.

The owner mr rafayal said people like us should not be allowed to stay in hotels like his. I'm not sure if this is because we was wearing trainers and he judged us to be chavs or because we had our toddler with us and we are early 30s maybe he believed us to be young parents or maybe because we are of black decent.
Either way my room was burgled by there staff and they did nothing about it other than make us feel like criminals when we were the victims.
Police believed my story but because no cctv in rooms there would be no evidence to prosecute anybody. Received better service at a much lower star hotel.
Will never ever return and will never ever recommend this hotel to anybody.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlene R
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Booked for my 21st birthday and it was amazing. Jacuzzi in the bedroom, very big rooms, big tv etc. Hotel staff lovely, good food in the restaurant. The only downside was our jacuzzi was pouring out dirt! Ran the water twice as well and it was still dirty so I didn’t have a chance to properly use that to say we paid for it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple