“Poor bar staff”

Ranked #5 834 of 25 280 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Named after the mythical island in the legend of King Arthur, The Avalon is a majestic pub and dining room. Serving a bold British menu, fine wines, excellent cocktails and well kept cask ales, The Avalon also boasts one of London's biggest and most beautiful beer gardens plus a sensational private room. "The Avalon is the pub to beat in SW12" Time Out Eating & Drinking Guide
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing but staff were very slow and quite rude. We were completely ignored for most of our time there.

Holly B, Guest Relations Manager at The Avalon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that the service was not up to our usual standards on your visit. I will be sure to remind staff to ensure they provide excellent service at all times. If you wish to discuss further, please drop me an email on holly@threecheers.co.uk.
Many thanks,
Holly

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Half decent food, nothing special. Service was absolutely dreadful, rushed the bill and was forced to leave our table after 1 1/4 hours with no option of desert.

Hi Adam, thank you for your review. I am terribly sorry to hear you received such awful service on your visit. This is totally unacceptable and I will discuss with the general manager today to ensure we don't see a repeat of this. If you wish to discuss further or provide further information, please contact me directly on holly@threecheers.co.uk.
Best wishes,
Holly

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We went to The Avalon for a late lunch during our first day in London. While we appreciated the fast service, the burger we had was not the best.
I think that this place is more for a drinks kind of day out.

1  Thank Dreamer398353
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Ate here recently with my son who lives nearby and likes the place. Interesting to read the wide variety of reviews but all I can say is that we had a very enjoyable evening. It is a bit noisy as tables are pretty close together but the beer was good, the house wine was excellent value and the food very good indeed. I can highly recommend the mixture of starters available at 3 for £15. We both had pizza for main and they were excellent; authentic and tasty. Would definitely go back if in the area again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The restaurant was full on a Saturday night.the table are close together the walls were tiles in white tiles with a high sky lit ceiling with ornate metal lighting fixtures. Nice to look at but the noise reverberated off every surface. We had to talk very loudly to each other across the table just to be heard, I could hear conversions from the next table as they had to shout to each other. The noise level was ridiculous.
We are one course an left.
Food was okay, not great not bad.
I would not go back.