“Best restaurant in Hackney - I am not veggie let alone vegan”

The Field Restaurant
Ranked #10 584 of 25 578 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Description: The Field is a restaurant in London Fields created by chefs Ryan Petty and Nik Williamson. The Field Restaurant strives to produce progressive plant-based cooking. There is a full vegan menu with a small selection of non vegan add-on's. All of the beer, wine and cocktails are vegan.
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Can't really recommend enough - I am already a firm regular. The quality and flavour of everything on the menu makes this a standout and for me. Check out brunch and cocktails too.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Visited here for a bottomless brunch with my partner, had the tacos and smashed avocado, was absolutely delicious and there are swappable options of vegan and non vegan options (eggs, tofu, bacon), the prosecco was lovely and easy to drink and the chefs and waiters explained how the food was prepared which was amazing!

Visited again with family and tried the dinner menu, the tomatoes, cauliflower, pasta and asparagus dishes are absolutely delicious as small starter courses. The roasted cauliflower, gnocchi, zucchini and falafel dishes were all absolutely delicious as well! Definitely make sure you try the beetroot hummus while you’re there, give the cocktails a go and get an experience of the nut pâté board - mind blowing!

It’s a very flavourful plant based menu with options to add fish, meat and cheese should you wish, but it’s not even necessary, the meals are very nutritious and filling as they are. Would definitely visit again!

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Visited this charming restaurant following a friend's recommendation. None of us are vegan or even vegetarian but the food was so unusual and delisious that we will definitely return. We sampled 9 different dishes plus 2 deserts. They are intended as sharing plates and thankfully that way we could work our way through almost the full menu. Stand out dishes were the deep fried cauliflower, a tomato dish with exquisite flavours, agnolotti pasta which was stuffed with a memorable radicchio mix.... we had to have 2 portions, similarly a gnocchi dish with a pea and broad bean veloute. One of the deserts was a custard tart made with sweetcorn and so amazing!
Strangely the chefs offer to augment their vegan creations with steak or scallops if you wish and we added a perfectly cooked onglet steak and some tasty scallops.
The evening was enhanced by chatting with Ryan the chef who explained the dish ingredients and the ethos of the restaurant. He and his chef colleagues deserve to do well. This food is the best we have tasted in a long time and with a generous tip came to £45 a head.
The area is not near where we live but worth the trek.
I urge everyone to sample this innovative cuisine!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Ate here for the first time on Friday. I have to say this was one of the best meals I've had for a long time. As a life long meat eater I can honestly say that if I could eat plant based food like this every day I could quite happily never eat meat again