“Another top class Indian restaurant in London”
Review of Indian Accent

Indian Accent
Reserve with OpenTable
Indian Accent is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 043 of 24 683 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$33 - US$105
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We really enjoyed our meal here. This joins such as Gymkhana, Benares and a couple of others as one of the best Indian restaurants in London and is a welcome addition. Having eaten at Roganic the week before, we enjoyed this experience a lot more - perhaps for its simplicity, nothwithstanding the excellent cooking.

The room is not brilliant, a slightly awkward shape and hence we weren't happy with the first table we were shown which was right in the middle of the room and unpleasantly brightly lit and too much passing traffic. When we got a table next to the wall it felt a lot better and more private.

The food is excellent. There were a lot of unfamiliar dishes to those of us who have experienced more standard British curry houses. We certainly needed quite a bit of help to decipher the main ingredients and style of cooking. From there on, it was all delicious. Portions appeared small but we certainly weren't hungry as we left.

Overall, highly recommended and a good chance that we will be back, although I would like to try Gymkhana first to see whether it can live up to the hype.

1  Thank chasm1

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This restaurant deserves to rise in the ranks of Indian restaurants in London. However, it is not traditional Indian food; rather, Indian Accent serves a modern iteration informed by Western ingredients and tastes, all done in beautiful presentation style. By this I do not mean that this is Indian food "dumbed down" for Westerners. Instead, it is a fusion that touches Indian cuisine with high quality western ingredients and combinations while retaining India's distinctive flavors. For that reason, it actually is a good introduction to Indian cuisine -- presenting the "accent" but in a language in which non-Indians with discerning palates may hear familiar words. A morel mushroom appetizer was absolutely divine. Everything was. Service was good, too. It is a little annoying to have to adhere to one of two seatings -- 6:30 and 9:00 -- for groups of five or more, five or six people not being an abnormally large group, but that's required, together with a credit card for a penalty of GBP30 per person for no-shows. But this is a clear direction for high end restaurants. It's a lovely place. Can't wait to return.

1  Thank Opinion8ted
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, great ambiance, outstanding presentation, authentic flavours, brilliant service. By far the best Indian food in central London. Highly recommend everyone give it a try.

1  Thank Vaidoo

4 stars...

Flavours. 5 stars
Presentation 5 stars
Service 4 stars
Overall experience 4 stars

A few minor things that can be fixed.
1. Even though it was a set menu we didn't get to see what was on it till it came out.
2. Drinks service was slow. Took 45 mins....
3. Overall length of service was 3 hours which at 9pm means desserts at midnight.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about the food because the flavours add presentation was exceptional...
There were 10 of us so service is generally longer but I'm my opinion these few niggles let it down.

It's my second visit so it is good enough to recommend. Here are some pics x

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I've been to Indian Accent in NYC and was skeptical that the London outpost would be of the same quality. Wrong! It's just as good! Kenny was our server. He was just the right amount of attentive. I have this pet annoyance that at Indian restos, they interrupt your meal every few minutes to ask how you're enjoying your meal. Indian accent staff are calibrated more towards a high end dining establishment and are discreet yet attentive. I was pescatarian on this visit and found absolutely delicious options. I remember that the bread/naan to be outstanding both in New York and also in London. Great job, I even bought the recipe book!