“Fantastic space incredible show”
Review of Bridge Theatre

Bridge Theatre
Ranked #361 of 1 815 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Bridge is the first wholly new theatre of scale to be added to London’s commercial theatre sccene in 80 years. Now open.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We bought 2 promenade tickets for Julius Caesar and were blown away.

The stage and standing audience combined perfectly to immerse us within the performance.

Excellent direction superb acting and a fabulous venue.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"play"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went to see Julius Caesar.
I had a seat in the row AA (the first row of the lowest gallery - and as such had a very good view of the play. However, the legroom is not great - due to the railing.
The play was very good - and the addition of audience in the pit as much more involved participants in the action worked quite well.
The fact that the stage is placed in the centre of a 4 audience blocks does necessarily mean that at some times the players act away from you - which can be quite a problem, but the play had clearly been staged with this in mind, and the way the stage was continually reconfigured made it work quite well.
Tickets are somewhat expensive.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On a recent trip to London, my husband and I were lucky to see the current production of Julius Caesar at the Bridge. This was our first trip to the Bridge, which is a fabulous, well designed new theater. It attracts a very interesting and dynamic audience. It seems like JC is being done everywhere now, but the production at the Bridge, with its use of audience members to portray the mob, is the best we have seen. If you have the opportunity to see it, seize it. It was gripping.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Julius Caesar was great, BUT I learnt my lesson when I went to see Young Marx and had seats in the gallery in row A. These are top price seats but have almost no leg room because of the balcony in front of you. And I'm quite short. Luckily there were lots of unsold seats and I moved to somewhere more comfortable.
When I booked for JC it was definitely a B row seat for me...and as it was a sold out performance that was just as well.