“Best meal in London ”
Review of Flavour Bastard

Flavour Bastard
Reserve with OpenTable
Flavour Bastard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 320 of 24 648 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Soho
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Food was out of this world. First time in my life I’ve enjoyed octopus, So much that I actually ordered a second round. The house brewed beer was also perfect for a London summers night. I completely understand why this place is Michelin rated.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s the second time we’ve been back to Flavour B, ( TripAdvisor won’t pass the B word!)where the dishes are quite innovative and served as Tapas, although slightly larger portions in most cases.

However, being an ordinary Joe and not having money to throw away on wine, I do object to the cheapest bottle of red wine being £32.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I don't often leave reviews but this restaurant just blew us away. The food is magnificent with many different plates of inventive flavours working with each other to give you a completely different restaurant perspective. The staff are absolutely charming and perfectly attentive. The ambience has a funky vibe making the whole experience one not to miss. This is now my favourite restaurant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Yes, it’s aimed at hipsters but everyone’s welcome. The menu consists of small plates and tiny plates and you can have any combination. All the dishes were flavoursome - I particularly liked the tiny plates of feta with honey walnut and mint and the salmon crudo with chilli cream cheese. The cod with ginger and peas was lovely. The goat a bit disappointing- rather dull. And the clouds of curd was just a bit odd - full on umami - you either like it or you don’t - a bit like marmite!! The service was friendly and attentive. I enjoyed the evening but got the feeling that the place is trying a bit too hard to be interesting and different.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It seems this restaurant has collected very different reviews.
When I went there I was suspicious because of the name... yes I know, it's not really objective. The meaning of *ba5tard* here is "(of a thing) no longer in its pure or original form" and the truth is that the dishes surprised me: I found flavours i didn't know and I enjoyed the food greatly. Uncommon cuisine, definitely. If you are willing to be surprised by food, this restaurant might offer you the chance to experiment tastes you would probably never pull together. I could not find a single dish I didn't love. I will definitely come back if I have the chance.