“Super Fun Idea but a bit too easy.”
Review of The Bletchley

The Bletchley
Ranked #59 of 1 318 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Use WW2 Enigma machines and protocols and Sherlock's deduction principles to create personalised cocktail recipes. The recipes will be ciphered and handed over to you with your drinks, for these to stay a secret between and you and our agents. Forever.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I LOVE puzzles and games. I was so excited about this experience, and it was mostly good. Personally I thought the puzzles were interesting, but not actually very difficult.

Also, I'm glad that they had the option of choosing non-alcoholic drinks. However, for a place that advertises "no two drinks are ever the same", my two drinks tasted and looked very very much alike!

It was fun, but probably wouldn't pay to do it again.

Lollipop C, Agent N at The Bletchley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Agent Z,

Thank you very much for your review!
We absolutely loved cracking codes with you, thanks for your thoughts regarding the missions and drinks.
If you could please tell us more on thebletchley@wearelollipop.co.uk and you have more suggestions for us, it would be really appreciated :)

If you would like to visit our sister bar ABQ London, please get in touch directly with me so we can organise something special for you.

Thank you very much again Agent Z.

Agent N

in 6 reviews
"wwii"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was so much fun. Escape room meets bar. The puzzles weren’t super difficult, but hard enough to make it fun. Drinks were good and met each of our different tastes. Staff were very friendly.

Hi Agent B,

You have been amazing with the missions assigned to you!
Thank you so much, happy to hear you enjoyed drinks and our agents took care of you during your mission :)
If you are around Shoreditch next time, you can visit our sister bar ABQ London.

If you need any help with the booking, just ring 0203 4881 678 :)

Thanks again Agent for spending time at our bunker. Hope to see you back soon.

Over and Out

Agent N.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friends and I wanted to do a fun activity while visiting London again. We bought the two hour experience which is really all you need. We went to the World's End Pub and mentioned The Bletchley. We were led downstairs into a secret area that was WW2 themed. We were asked to put on WW2 uniforms and were greeted with a delicious cocktail. We had to break two different codes during the night to receive our two cocktails. We used an Enigma machine to decode the clues and then had to "radio in to command" to receive our cocktails.

I will say this...I did not take the first clue set seriously and ended up with a very icky tasting drink. The second drink tasted a little better but my favorite was our "free" cocktail in the beginning. They were nice enough to tell me that if I did not like my drinks that they would make me something else. Overall it was a fun time with a group of friends.

Hi Agent K,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience.
Glad to hear you loved the atmosphere and had a favourite cocktail. Sorry we couldn't detect your taste profile for the first mission thought, will be more accurate on your next visit, I am sure :)

If you want to try something fun next, you should come to our sister bar ABQ London!
You can get in touch directly with me and I can sort out your booking for you.

Thanks a million again.

Agent n

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked this as a surprise anniversary present for the sister and brother in law while visiting London.
Once we arrived we were greeted at The World End pub as we entered and pointed towards The Bletchley. Once we entered we were greeted again and shown to our "station" and given our WW2 jackets. We were given a welcome drink in a metal mug, which was pleasant. We were given our first clue and must say we were useless, but it was great fun and the staff were never far away to lead you down the right path.
Once we had received our first cocktail we were then given our 2nd clue and worked through that to enable us to order our next round of drinks.
The whole night was relaxed and great fun in an unusual setting. The staff were really friendly and good fun.
Great way to spend a couple of hours in a friendly and unique atmosphere, would definitely return.

Hi Agent H,

Thank you so much for joining our mission.
It was amazing having you at the bunker and cracking codes with you!
Thanks for your compliments to the staff and the overall atmosphere :)
Next time you can visit our sister bar ABQ London...it's in Hackney Road in an actual RV, set up as a chemistry lab for you to cook your own cocktails :)

Looking forward to see you again soon, Agent.

Over and out

Noemi

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Escape room meets bar. The experience was quite fun--it's a little hard to find with a single small sign on the door (on purpose). Staff stayed in character the whole time. Everyone wears a uniform jacket. Great decor and ambiance.

Be aware if you are a picky drinker: Drinks are made for you based on choices you make during your codebreaking/puzzle solving events. Do not go here thinking you will be ordering specific drinks. Three drinks each, about 2 hours. They were quite good and we both tried things we might not have otherwise.

Advance reservations are a must, and at least for us there was no hanging out after 2 hours because the next reservations are coming in. That's plenty of time, we didn't feel rushed.

Answer to my big question ahead of time noone seems to have answered in any review: We were traveling with my 16 yo who was quite excited about the concept. And yes, we were able to take him. They made non-alcoholic drinks for him and he had a great experience.

The restaurant upstairs (World's End Market) is a great choice for dinner following your visit.

Hi Agent T,

Lovely to hear you had a great experience at The Bletchley.
Also we are really happy you included a young cadet in your mission, they are the future of the country and they will definitely be the best agents in about 10 years experience or so :)

We would love to see you again at the bunker, you can get in touch directly with me (Agent N) and I will be happy to organise your next mission.

Also, you can visit our sister bar ABQ London, you would love that too :)

Agent N