My family rented this two bedroom two bath City Stay apartment in London for a week in early May 2018. It was a beautiful week to be in London, sunny and dry, so we had daily opportunities to use the private patio, which more than doubled our common space. Overall, we enjoyed the apartment and its quiet and private surroundings.
The location of the apartment is ideal for a family of tourists for the following reasons:
1. Really quick walk (less than 10 minutes) to Westminster Station on the District Line and Westminster Abbey.
2. Right outside the private gate there is a black cab rest area, where the cab drivers can park, use bathroom facilities, and have a lunch break so it was always easy to get a cab.
3. The neighborhood is quiet, but still has many food options: a small grocery that sells fresh fruit and vegetables, a Starbucks and a Ravello around the corner, many great restaurants (Loose Box and White Horse & Bower) as well as casual fare at Pret a Manger.
Other pros for this apartment:
1. The outdoor patio was a great place to drink our morning coffee, or to relax after a long day. The patio is outfitted with two chairs, a small loveseat-sized sofa and a table. Even after an overnight rain, the cushions dried quickly.
2. The décor and furnishings of the apartment were clean, chic and modern.
If a few things could be fixed, we would gladly rent this apartment again. What needs to be fixed?
1. Light at night: The front door is protected by a 3 ft deep overhang, and there are bright lights shining down from this overhang. Unfortunately, both bedrooms of our apartment were along this front wall, and the window treatments in both bedrooms failed to block the light coming in – they were simple louvered blinds hung along the wall, not fitted into the window space. If the owner just slept there once, it would be an immediate obvious need to either fit the blinds into the window well or add drapes to block the lights.
2. Poorly stocked kitchen: The kitchen had a poor stock of plates, glasses, cutlery: I think there were only two forks, and three water glasses, despite the listing that says the apartment sleeps four – it is reasonable to expect a minimum 4 of everything in the kitchen. The dishwasher didn’t work (the detergent cup didn’t close), and we could not understand how to work the stove. The washer/dryer was not supplied with laundry detergent nor were paper towels supplied.
3. There is heat but no air conditioning, which is fine during cool months, but I don’t think I’d select this apartment in the summer months.
4. The master bath (the en suite bath) is extremely tight. The shower is so narrow that there’s no room to move.
5. We got four bath size towels and two hand towels – no floor towel for either bathroom floor, so the hand towels were used for the floor outside of the showers, or any extra towels for hair.
6. The beds were uncomfortable and should be replaced.
This is an apartment ideally suited for two people.
Here is the scoop:
- Place is as pictured perhaps feels a bit smaller. Everything is brand new, clean and as described. Patio is huge and we thought we would use it all the time, however it was raining every day. Bathrooms very functional, good water pressure. Stocked with bare necessities.
- Location was perfect for tourists wanting to be within easy access to major sites. With exception of Friday and Saturday nights place was very quiet. There is a small family ran food shop across the street, Starbucks and Tesco just around the corner within 3-5 min.
Couple of areas of improvement:
1. Bed was very uncomfortable and sheets/blankets were very low quality. Duvet was smaller than the blanket and it created very unpleasant bulging effect. Once I took the blanket out it was the 100% polyester scratchy type. I guess most people would not care but it bothered me and I think given the price tag I expect more.
2. There is a quite a bit of light coming through the plastic blinds at night.
Small note: Washer had an issue: it washed but dryer did not work. We called the host and the issue was addressed. Took a bit of time since it happened on the weekend. They communicated with us and made sure we know the progress.
Great apartment and just around the corner from Westminster parliament and Big Ben, we arrived late but we're giving instructions on how to get in to the apartment. Noted: very nice cafe in the corner with the apartment
We stay on this apartment for couple of night and it was just great and the staff from the agency was very helpful and patience, first time we booked an apartment and it was very good !
There is an Starbucks just around the corner ( I cant leave without one ! )