“Pricey wine but good food”
Review of Westerns Laundry

Westerns Laundry
Reserve with OpenTable
Westerns Laundry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 384 of 25 591 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Recommended by a friend we thought we‘d try this. It was however a little disappointing. The wine was overpriced, the service somewhat patronising! The food was first class as was the ambience. Not sure whether the final cost was worth it though!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 24 May 2018

The headline says it all really. Why would anyone want to sit cheek by jowl with others and be served little plates of rather indifferent food and be charged a huge amount for the privilege. I'm afraid this is a rather pretentious place that has rather a high opinion of its self, but this was not shared by my party.

1  Thank Highgateglobetrotter
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I haven’t enjoyed a trip to a restaurant so much for a long time. Food was really delicious, service friendly and attentive. We at no time felt rushed even though the restaurant was full. I was slightly worried about the noise levels as I am slightly deaf but was perfectly able to hear my companion. There was a great vibe.
I should add that we’d had nibbles at home first to take the edge off our appetite. I’m not sure if I would have enjoyed it so much if I’d arrived starving as the portions were small but pricey.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I live next door to this restaurant and was incredibly excited to hear that it was opening. My first experience (lunch) was disappointing, but I convinced myself after my parents booked for dinner that I must have been mistaken and the fact that it is regularly full meant that I must have been unlucky. I can now resoundingly say that my first experience was actually the better of the two and that this is one of the worst restaurants for the price you could possibly visit in Islington or London. I truly believe I could become a rich man by standing outside and betting honest people good money they would leave feeling deeply disappointed and over charged. I genuinely cannot understand how it is still open. I urge you - eat at Trullo, Eat at the pig and butcher, eat at the smoke house, eat at Le Peche, eat at prawn on the lawn eat at McDonalds, eat out of a bin, but what ever you do, do not eat here!!!

3  Thank William M
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

WL shares two important characteristics with its sister restaurant Primeur: a quirky formerly industrial location in a residential neighbourhood & a commitment to varied, interesting and tasty food. Our Sunday lunch visit featured a surprising number of small children (there is little in the way of comfort food on the daily changing menu) but the atmosphere convivial. Service was friendly and efficient. A good visit.